Looking at a 2008 with 199,000 miles on it

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Anything to be scared of? Truck is bone stock. I'm going to do the DPF delete and EGR delete right away. Is there anything that would keep anyone away from a truck with that many miles on it? Runs and drives great. Checked it out with my AE and everything looks good. Looking to do head gaskets,studs, and elite 72/59 turbos in the future. How long do the transmissions usually last stock?

Thanks in advance

BOSS450

Reaction score
With you doing turbos I assume you'll run an all out tune. Need to know if the pump has 199,000 miles on it. I know my rc I bought with 174,xxx has problems

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You are no more susceptible to piston damage Ect at that miles than 50k so if everything checks out you should be fine. stock Trans should be ok, prob time for a refresh but I bet that's fine.

Only thing I would do is an oil sample and make sure the fuel dilution hasn't effected the bearings. If maintenance was solid that should be fine too.

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Wouldn't cracked pistons show up as compression differences or balance faults? How many miles can I really expect this thing to make it? Are the heads cracking an issue on a stock truck or more so a tuned truck from high EGT's? Planning on hardened valve seats, just wondering how likely it is to have a cracked head on an all stock motor.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Heat is there even stock.

Most likely cracked... Just plan on it.

Pistons would show up if they are completely cracked. But a hairline crack won't.

Latest posts

Members online