looking at a 2009 6.4 f250

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
im a 7.3 guy but came across an 09 6.4 with 131,000 for 15,000. Truck has full exhaust with dpf delete, Airraid intake, egr delete, and looks like a minimax or spartan that has been unplugs will see if dealer brought it inside. what should i look for in these things. like the cons, i really dont know too many issues other than injectors in the early years any input would be sweet cause i wanna go pick this thing up tonight if if it seems all there

sootie

Reaction score
check for dried coolant on the degas bottle, undo the oil fill cap when it is running and see how much crankcase pressure there is and if there is sludge under the cap.
be conscious as to how long it takes for reverse or drive to engage-tired clutches sometimes have a delay.
i always check to see if the front locking hubs are seized-more for a negotiating factor...
its always a good idea to get a scan tool on it of some kind.

webb06

Reaction score
Most people aren't going to trade off a deleted truck unless they were either really desperate or it has some problems going on. Look is over good

Echo

Reaction score
Check the water separator drain lever. If it's stuck or broken off its a pretty good indication the owner didn't maintain the fuel system very well.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Check the water separator drain lever. If it's stuck or broken off its a pretty good indication the owner didn't maintain the fuel system very well.

I change my filters once a year which so far has been every 9k miles and its stuck when I go to crack it open every time.

Latest posts

Members online