looking at a high mileage 6.0

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I sold my 03 about 2 years ago and for a 7.3 for a Hell of a deal. Altho I love it .. I miss my old 6.0 a customer of mine has a 03 like my old truck ccsb 4x4 with 585k. new trans. I've personally done all the work on it. would it be worth buying and modding? ( sct.. non vgt... 175/30's )

I've been working on 6.0's for 11 yrs this is one one the highest mileage trucks I service but I haven't seen many trucks with high mileage that's modded... he said I can get it for 2k-3k it does have a bad oil leak coming from the upper oil pan/ bed plate.I need to pull the cab any ways because it's never been studded.

I'm trying my luck because my other option will be a dmax

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I have a 03 6.0 as well has 430k on it, never had headgaskets , oil cooler, and egr cooler done to it. Been tuned with a bullydog for 380k along with intake and exhaust. When I got it injectors were done by ford 500 miles before I got it and one was installed wrong, leaking fuel in the cylinder melting the piston and filling the crank case of fuel. Besides that the engine still had excellent cross hatch, both heads were crack free, and all main and rod bearings looked great the engine could of gone another 400k.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
These bottom ends stay in good shape for a long time. As codydiesel said i see good crosshatch in about every one tgat cant mes apart. Mine had been tuned when i bought it and driven hard, then i put a better tune on it, first time it came apart still had ood cross hatch an that was at about 125k or so. Pulled it apart about 6 months ago due to blowing aftermarket head gaskets and still looked brand new, this at 190k. And there is also something to be said for knowing the work thats been done to it...

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I'm not worried about 190k-250k I work on plenty of 250k 6.0's that run like a truck with 120k. if the bed plate is getting done I might as well re bearing it I was worried about stressing the rods and block being that it has 580k. ive done everything to that truck but studs.. and they aren't blown.. timing cover hpop x2 sets of injectors oil cooler egr cooler ... then egr ******.. fuel pump.

I think I might do it

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Hell for that price even if the motor is jnk, you can put a new one in and still be ahead, as long as the rest of the truck mechanically is in good shape. I dont blame ya for going for it.

Plus as scary as it would be to most people, i think looking down and seeing that mileage would be pretty cool. That . May just be me though... :shrug:

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
when I bought my 6.0 in 09 I paid 16.5 with 115k. nothing done to it. he'll I'd even buy one that's already studded and re do it.. that's 480$ I can put somewhere else. I'm looking for a 3-8k so when I do my injectors turbo and studs I'll be in the truck for 11k and it will be solid

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Just remember the truck will never be worth anything resale wise, so unless you plan on keeping it forever everything you put in it will end up being a loss at the end of the day with the miles

swinky

Reaction score
Just remember the truck will never be worth anything resale wise, so unless you plan on keeping it forever everything you put in it will end up being a loss at the end of the day with the miles
Yuhpp. I'd be lucky to get 15 for mine. Have over 30 in it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online