Looking at Carli 2.5 commuter or backcountry, few questions for carli guys.

sstrobl

Reaction score
im working on pics, its been ****ty and rainy! also it looks kinda lame with 33s i was going to wait till wheels and tires showed up but ill get some as it sits when its nicer out

sstrobl

Reaction score
Yeah I wish I had remembered to tell you about big metric sockets if you're doing full leafs, lol. Got any sand bags or heavy items, put about 1,000lbs in the back, helps break in the rear leafs. I did that for about 500 miles then re-checked and re-torqued everything.

Remember, the rear leaf u-bolts will continue to stretch out for a couple thousand miles, so keep checking them every 1k.

Also, PICS!!!!

i read your thread from when you did yours so i knew about the sockets and whatnot. it was nice to know ahead of time so i didnt have to make a bunch of tool runs during the install so thanks for that

sstrobl

Reaction score
this is the only pic i have, wanted to get some better ones but ill add them later. the wheels i wanted are on backorder of course so now im torn between waiting for wheels i like and will allow me to run 37s or something i like a little less and prolly have to do the 36s : ( REALLY NEED TIRES NOW!!!
image_zpsg7hsvuit.jpg

Notneb

Reaction score
Wait, don't get something you don't want 100% just because you want it now.

Pockets

Reaction score
/\/\/\ this.. If you get something else you'll probably be swapping out before to long to the ones you wanted in the 1st place.

Sent from my V10 using Tapacrap

sstrobl

Reaction score
yeah thats exactly what im thinking, just hard to put this lift on and then not be able to have the full result for an "unknown" amount of time. they have no idea when theyll have more but theyre hoping 6-8 weeks. which i could do but when i ordered wheels for my cobra they said that and i didnt see them for 4-5 months. ill probably still wait i just want them now as usual lol

Notneb

Reaction score
This is why I waited until everything was at my house, lol. Well at least you know for the next truck!

sstrobl

Reaction score
Haha well idk what's harder, looking at the lift in the garage and riding stock or having the lift on and waiting on rims.

sstrobl

Reaction score
Looks nice man. How does she ride/ handle compared to stock

thanks, it rides so much nicer! i had the heavy duty plow springs in front so i think that made mine worse then most. i think it will ride even better on 18s and 37s

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Totally unrelated but... This thread is making me want to kick my own ass for not installing my 2.5" Icon Kit already lol

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

sstrobl

Reaction score
well i found another option for wheels that i like so i ordered them, trailready 17" simulated beadlocks. black wheels but im going to powder the rings a bright color to have some pop. thinking orange but im not sure yet. should be here in 3 weeks so i can get final product pic for the thread

Notneb

Reaction score
17's are very very close on the caliper spacing, make sure you tell whoever is balancing your rims about it.

Latest posts

Members online