looking at this truck.

TSiZj

Reaction score
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5073680288.html

My friend owns this truck. I detailed it for him last week and I have the itch to buy it from him now. He gave me a price of 20k for the truck. With that said is that a great deal or just so so? Also what are the big things to check for with a 6.4 truck? I drove the truck around last weekend and the only thing I noticed was the steering was tough (hard to turn) when the truck was stopped. whats that about?

sootie

Reaction score
buy it for 20k. thats a steal and the truck is clean.

johnp115

Reaction score
With that said is that a great deal or just so so?

Sounds like a pretty decent deal. I wouldnt say an amazing deal because it is an ec and the market for them is pretty narrow, but that looks like a really clean truck, and good milage. If an extended cab was what i was looking for then id be all over that.

Also what are the big things to check for with a 6.4 truck?

While its running pop the oil fill cap off and watch the haze coming out of it. Make sure its more of a constant haze and not an extremely evident puff puff that mimics the idle. Also set the cap loosely on the top of the oil fill and make sure it does not blow off.

While driving give it a good pull, make sure no coolant pukes from the degas bottle.

During a pull watch fuel rail pressure on the h&s monitor, make sure at wot its up around 23-25k psi.

Ofcourse with any truck, check under the cab and under the wheel wells for rust.

I drove the truck around last weekend and the only thing I noticed was the steering was tough (hard to turn) when the truck was stopped. whats that about?

Its a 7500 or more lb truck with most of the weight in the front, and youre trying to turn relatively large tires while not moving. Takes alot of force to turn those tires at a dead stop

TSiZj

Reaction score
With that said is that a great deal or just so so?

Sounds like a pretty decent deal. I wouldnt say an amazing deal because it is an ec and the market for them is pretty narrow, but that looks like a really clean truck, and good milage. If an extended cab was what i was looking for then id be all over that.

Also what are the big things to check for with a 6.4 truck?

While its running pop the oil fill cap off and watch the haze coming out of it. Make sure its more of a constant haze and not an extremely evident puff puff that mimics the idle. Also set the cap loosely on the top of the oil fill and make sure it does not blow off.

While driving give it a good pull, make sure no coolant pukes from the degas bottle.

During a pull watch fuel rail pressure on the h&s monitor, make sure at wot its up around 23-25k psi.

Ofcourse with any truck, check under the cab and under the wheel wells for rust.

I drove the truck around last weekend and the only thing I noticed was the steering was tough (hard to turn) when the truck was stopped. whats that about?

Its a 7500 or more lb truck with most of the weight in the front, and youre trying to turn relatively large tires while not moving. Takes alot of force to turn those tires at a dead stop

Alright I will check that stuff out. Thanks!

sootie

Reaction score
look for dried coolant around the degas cap and on the firewall above the turbos.

djr4x4

Reaction score
I'd check for dried coolant under the driverside fenderwheel too on the frame right below the radiator just to see if the radiator may be cracked too...

si3328

Reaction score
Saw this the other day. It's right down the road from me but have not got around to checking it out yet. I have an ec 6.0 that I wished I would have waited around for a crew cab. Trying to sell the 6.0 now and not having luck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.