Looking at turbo swap, 2011 f350

polaris7x

Reaction score
Alright guys, i know by now everyones getting tired of reading these threads, but just thought id ask to see what and who would be my best option to deal with. I come from the duramax community but have owned a 7.3 in the past and back then, performance parts for that thing were non existent at the time. But being in an lbz duramax my options were endless, and I became particular in who i purchased parts from and who touched it. That beind said, Im in no way trying to start a vendor war here so please dont mistake my questions here as that. Im back in a powerstroke, 2011 f350 and want to purchase a turbo kit, 1 time! Not test and try different setups and waste a butt load of money. I just want my truck to be reliable and be fun to drive. Ive been looking at different vendors on here and powerstroke.org and a big thing for me is customer service. My duramax i ended up running an s366 phatshafted billeted wheel turbo wastegated and loved it, after it spooled up. No fuel mods, so it was a little laggy but was eventually tuned out.

After reading some of the threads on here, Im leaning towards a simple 15 swap but my question is, down the road what base model should i go with if i feel the need to add dual fuelers? Lift pump? Anything else like that???? Also Im running canned h&s mini maxx with s&b intake with 5 inch straight piped. I have the egr off, but not removed yet. Im waiting to do all under hood stuff at once. Is there anything else i should do, so i dont receive a call from the wife saying truck left her stranded? So my last and final question, whos running swapped turbos on these 6.7s and who have they gone with and why? If you dont feel the need to put to the public please feel free to pm me. Like i said im not wanting a bashing thread so lets keep it civil please. Thanks guys for the help.

kampy

Reaction score
If your not looking to do the install your self and even if you are, I'd suggest at least talking with Morgan @ Midwest Diesel and auto, he's a vendor and since your in Rockford he's not too far away. About an hour or so south of Peoria I believe. He's done a fair amount with turbos on the 6.7's and it looks like he's now doing some work with James Barder who is a respected turbo builder.

Actually I'd hold on for another six months or so before I made my choice and see what other options all the vendors come up with...it looks like there are several options in the works aside from whats already out there.

Buck1

Reaction score
As far as vendors won't go wrong with purchasing parts from any of these guys:
No Limit Performance
Midwest diesel and Auto (mentioned above)
River city Diesel (also in IL)
Absolute Performance
Maryland Performance Diesel

All excellent guys to work with and they work together to get you what makes sense.

polaris7x

Reaction score
As far as vendors won't go wrong with purchasing parts from any of these guys:
No Limit Performance
Midwest diesel and Auto (mentioned above)
River city Diesel (also in IL)
Absolute Performance
Maryland Performance Diesel

All excellent guys to work with and they work together to get you what makes sense.

Sounds great, thanks for the input guys

RedRice589

Reaction score
I've got a 2015 kit from Morgan as well. I have the 61mm street max. Have 25k miles on the setup problem free. Loving it so far!

jcain

Reaction score
i'll sell you my complete 2015 swap (turbo has upgraded thrust, and chamfered bearings) for 2600 installed.
Kansas city...

polaris7x

Reaction score
Ive got the next two weeks off work, so deff going to be giving Morgan a call probably monday or tuesday and head down there and check out the shop and stuff. Besides then it gives me an excuse to buy more stuff since the wifes not going with!

sootie

Reaction score
To the OP-call up Morgan 217-691-1909 and he will take care of you. great guy, good product and unbeatable service.

Latest posts

Members online