Looking for a Programmer!!!

Six7Lyfe

Reaction score
I have a 2010 6.4 with 70k miles, its 100% stock. I bought all my ****** parts and a mini maxx race tuner from Rudys and I read all of the fine print before purchasing but now I'm second guessing if it came with ****** tunes. I see they offer Upgrade codes for 500$ but they say nothing about that when you buy a programmer. So maybe i should have done a little more research before pulling the trigger.(I'm going to call them tomorrow)

So I may need a programmer and now that its 2016 it seems like I'm out of options. I will only run a stock and tow tune. Its a work truck and pulls about 15k everyday - getting 6.8 Mpg average its whole life. What route would you guys go these days? Find a used programmer and hope its not locked?

sootie

Reaction score
Use the programmer you bought. It will have canned tunes on it. If you want better tunes, buy the mcc unlock and get custom tunes from gear head

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a 2010 6.4 with 70k miles, its 100% stock. I bought all my ****** parts and a mini maxx race tuner from Rudys and I read all of the fine print before purchasing but now I'm second guessing if it came with ****** tunes. I see they offer Upgrade codes for 500$ but they say nothing about that when you buy a programmer. So maybe i should have done a little more research before pulling the trigger.(I'm going to call them tomorrow)

So I may need a programmer and now that its 2016 it seems like I'm out of options. I will only run a stock and tow tune. Its a work truck and pulls about 15k everyday - getting 6.8 Mpg average its whole life. What route would you guys go these days? Find a used programmer and hope its not locked?

you're fine !

Six7Lyfe

Reaction score
I dont know if the mini maxx will allow any ****** tunes without the upgrade unlocks from h&s, Rudys advertises it like its a race tuner, but when i opened up the box everything says street tuner. I would have to enable the ****** tuning before any custom tuning correct? ********s website even says "Our tunes DO NOT ****** the *** filter. Older "pre-ban" tuners allow you to turn emissions on or off.". I'm just not 100% sure this new "Race Tuner" i bought has canned tunes that allow ******s.

sootie

Reaction score
try and program the truck. if it doesnt ask you to select whether emissions equipment is present or removed, then you need to call them...

Six7Lyfe

Reaction score
I called them and they said it is a race tuner, why they offer the 500$ H&S upgrade that requires the VIN and tuner serial number I'm not sure. I should be good, thanks for the input.

I am kind of interested in a custom MPG tune when I'm not towing, its a F450 4x4 and it never sees over 10mpg without a trailer.

Mostly doing the ******s for the reliability. I cant complain so far, lift pump and alternator have been the only failures. Emission system has been flawless, i think all the towing provides plenty of heat to keep the *** cleaned but its only a matter of time.

Latest posts

Members online