Looking for advice for tunes

hunterER7

Reaction score
What's going on guys......

Currently I'm in the process of rebuilding my 07 Outlaw due to the typical head gasket issue. Regardless I'm doing a fairly mild steer truck as I'll be studded, ******d, with a few goodies.
b8a1fb3cddab9ddbddc8ff2c4667abc4.jpg

a69b49446cbbe2a78251cc6fa1382224.jpg

As for my set up I'll be running warren 190/100s backed with a barder stage 2. Along with that I have done strictly diesels fuel regulated return and bowl ******, backed with a fass 125. Will be doing No limit intake as well and running mishimoto tubes

So as I'm getting ready to finish up the motor and set the can down I'm trying to button things up across the board here. As for my tuning I would like to get your guys info on who I should turn to for that.

Let me know who you guys recommend and feel free to give me any insight on this set up too.

Thanks, Earl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunterER7

Reaction score
Was debating them but wanted to hear what the forum had to say.

hunterER7

Reaction score
No problem.

I just ordered tunes from PHP and TDP, waiting for them to arrive, as I haven't found anything I love yet.

What tuner are you running? Definitely let me know how you make out with with them

2stangs8689

Reaction score
What tuner are you running? Definitely let me know how you make out with with them

X4 tuner.

I have tunes from GH, WPE and Quick Tricks now, just aspects of each one I don't like. Maybe I'm picky, not sure. I like the aggressive pedal from GH and how fast the truck gets up and goes, but it was flaring my Trans. I have a request into him now to see if he can tweak the tune.

TSD and IDP are the ones next on my list to try.

hunterER7

Reaction score
X4 tuner.

I have tunes from GH, WPE and Quick Tricks now, just aspects of each one I don't like. Maybe I'm picky, not sure. I like the aggressive pedal from GH and how fast the truck gets up and goes, but it was flaring my Trans. I have a request into him now to see if he can tweak the tune.

Thinking I may try wildman and idp first. I have the x3 that came with my truck when I got it but may lay out and buy the x4 just because they hold 10 tunes

2stangs8689

Reaction score
Thinking I may try wildman and idp first. I have the x3 that came with my truck when I got it but may lay out and buy the x4 just because they hold 10 tunes

Heard good about both. I'm anxious to see how they run. I'm new to the 6.0 game, and have gotten my ass kicked by mine. I'm just hopeful to find a tune I like to redeem the headaches. Lol

hunterER7

Reaction score
Heard good about both. I'm anxious to see how they run. I'm new to the 6.0 game, and have gotten my ass kicked by mine. I'm just hopeful to find a tune I like to redeem the headaches. Lol

I'm right there with ya brotha. I've worked on them for a few years now pushing my old 7.3 through 2 transmissions and finally let her go when I bought my 07 then the trust head gaskets went. Hopefully with this build she'll treat me well

2stangs8689

Reaction score
I'm right there with ya brotha. I've worked on them for a few years now pushing my old 7.3 through 2 transmissions and finally let her go when I bought my 07 then the trust head gaskets went. Hopefully with this build she'll treat me well

I searched for a clean 7.3 and missed one by 2 days. Bought my 6.0 and have been paying the price ever since. I'm $31k into this one and counting.

hunterER7

Reaction score
I searched for a clean 7.3 and missed one by 2 days. Bought my 6.0 and have been paying the price ever since. I'm $31k into this one and counting.

I'm not quite there but when "I'm" done with it I will be. The way I see it is if I get my truck setup the exact way I want I won't have to buy one of those brand new $60,000 trucks lol

2stangs8689

Reaction score
I'm not quite there but when "I'm" done with it I will be. The way I see it is if I get my truck setup the exact way I want I won't have to buy one of those brand new $60,000 trucks lol

That was my viewpoint exactly. Damn near everything has been replaced or rebuilt in my truck now, only a few things left that are slightly expensive that hasn't been replaced....FICM, radiator, transfer case and rearend. Lol

Buellstunter

Reaction score
X4 tuner.

I believe I been having some tuning issues as well. I'm running the gh tunes ( Tow, defueled, and fullfuel) and it seems like the trans is just not on point to me with the fullfuel tune. My question is you mentioned flaring. What is flaring, haven't heard that term yet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.