Looking for opinions on injectors

black'n'blue

Reaction score
I'm inn the market for injectors. Mine have roughly 150k on them. I'm from maryland and have looked into MFI. I'd like to use them because they're local but my main concerns are reliability. I want 175/75's and plan on getting a larger turbo in the near future. I have heard great things about FFD injectors as well but I believe they're out of Florida so If something did go wrong, there would be down time. I am prob going to order new injectors and have these made out of them. Although I am interested in what other's have done ie. sent their old injectors in to have machined/rebuilt and common problems. Thanks in advance

zshier17

Reaction score
You can always have Warren put their upgraded solenoids on yours if you have them rebuild them. Or they can put new spool valves in too if you're worried about them being too old. My 05 has 160,000 and i'll be having mine rebuilt.

matt92idi

Reaction score
Im about to get mine build by Holders diesel in florida but if your trying to find something local the closest your going to get is warren in pa. Also airfish auto in delaware had some pretty good deals on new ford injectors which is definitely the way to go.

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
+1 for Holder's Diesel, he checks solenoids and can replace them if you wish. I have close to 30k miles on them with no issues. I sent in my stock ones (110k miles) and he replaced solenoids on them and checked for other issues. I think you could just pull your current injectors and have them done, but replace spool valves, etc.

Merc82

Reaction score
A vote for Holder's here, sent mine out to them this last winter with100k on them. Got them back quick and they run great.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I figured I'd get a lot of votes for holders. I do like to support local businesses, but I also want no issue results. I'd still like to find someone running MFI's sticks.

matt92idi

Reaction score
Josh@dirtydiesel and Greg(pizza pig) both run mfi injectors but in Josh's build thread I wasn't very impressed that they didn't even know what size they were and have to be flow tested to figure it out.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Josh@dirtydiesel and Greg(pizza pig) both run mfi injectors but in Josh's build thread I wasn't very impressed that they didn't even know what size they were and have to be flow tested to figure it out.
Huh..... Well I heard that they flow pretty heavy. If I do go with them I'll probably go with 175/30's. They do impressive work. I was at truck mania last year and watched their triple turbo 6.7 run. Wish I could get some positive feedback from some guys that have had their sticks rebuilt by MFI

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
we don't do any aftermarket injectors btw so any of the companies everyone else has mentioned would get the job done. I can sell you a set of oem injectors to have built @ a good deal though, pm if interested.

militant83

Reaction score
If you go the Full Force route they are made from Pure Power Remans instead of your cores which is why they are more expensive that others unless you have some of the other reputable companies like MFI, Holders, Warren etc. make you some from new or remans then they are somewhat comparable in pricing.

I went the FF 155s and they are great but now I want to go bigger.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
I spoke to a guy at holders to ask some questions about what they actually do to the spool valves on these injectors. While we were talking, I asked why I should have my injectors built out of new remans as opposed to having mine rebuilt. His answer was that "come guys just want new ones". I wasn't really prepared for that answer so oil ask it here. What benefit is new over rebuilt? If mine can be rebuilt with new solenoids and spool valves machined, why not?

matt92idi

Reaction score
I spoke to a guy at holders to ask some questions about what they actually do to the spool valves on these injectors. While we were talking, I asked why I should have my injectors built out of new remans as opposed to having mine rebuilt. His answer was that "come guys just want new ones". I wasn't really prepared for that answer so oil ask it here. What benefit is new over rebuilt? If mine can be rebuilt with new solenoids and spool valves machined, why not?

That's the route I'm going. I don't see the need for new injectors unless they have a ton of miles on them or if they are causing issues like if one is shorted out or something of that nature

zshier17

Reaction score
The fear gets you i think... i keep telling myself my injectors will be fine to be rebuilt, but deep down you still get that feeling that you would rather have new ones lol. But i would trust professionals who see 100k-200k mile injectors everyday and he comes back with that answer, to me that makes me feel a lot better about getting rebuilds done.

bretferd

Reaction score
The injectors that are in my truck had 120k miles when there where sent in to be built bigger. They also had 300+ degree oil and melted plastic go through them. I sent them to Rykan at Holders Diesel and he did a fantastic job on them about 10k miles later and they still purr like a kitten. so another vote for Rykan at Holders Diesel.

swinky

Reaction score
Holders or Warren are great. My 190s from Warren fuel pretty damn hard for what they are. I'd have yours rebuilt if you're on a budget.

wicki6.0stroke

Reaction score
Yes, I went 175/75 on my 06 king ranch love it! Dodge guys call me the "Cummins Killer" it's great I did 175/75 injectors head studs and all, sct x4 tuner got tune from Eric, going KC stage 1.5 turbo(my cousin went this turbo and has minimal lag. Only way I would go a different bigger turbo say stage 2,3 or 88mm Garrett is if I pulled daily. I put 88 on my 7.3's and lots of lag, if not pulling always would say go stage 1.5 or 2 max you'll be pleased

Latest posts

Members online