Looking to get a 6.0

Brake Weight

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an '05 6.0 with some Badlander package for fairly cheap. It's got right at 105k miles on it and a good sized lift. It's running a set of 37/1350-20 Nitto Mud Grapplers. Overall, the truck looks good; body is straight, frame, and underbody aren't beat up. It has some abuse-like the eyes for the safety chain are torn out of the receiver hitch, a finger sized cigarette burn in the carpet under the ash tray and a cig burn on the cup holder. There are holes drilled into the bottoms of the door pockets. And the seat frames have a film of rust, but the electric motors work.

What sort of mechanical abuse tattle tales are there on these engines? I'm sure it's seen its share of dirt road burnouts...as well as chilling. I can get new carpet and a headliner Done for about $500, so the smoke smell isnt an issue. I'd do this ASAP: http://www.mkmcustoms.com/60powerstrokesolution.aspx ,or an equivalent.

Thoughts? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360652081.496824.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'd rather see you buy a solution package from a guy like Jared at River City Diesel or Dennis at Sttictly Diesel. Those guys know their stuff and won't let you end up screwed like you would be by running some of the parts included in that kit you linked. I'd also point you in the direction of an EGR delete kit, as well. I have a few in stock if you are interested. Either way, post pics of the truck when you get it!

bboteler

Reaction score
Any of the sponsors on here can set you in the right direction. The tow eyelets would worry me...thats not just work thats abuse. And the film in indicative of water damage. What did the carfax show? See if someone can run you an OASIS. Guys on here can help with that.

Petro

Reaction score
Any of the sponsors on here can set you in the right direction. The tow eyelets would worry me...thats not just work thats abuse. And the film in indicative of water damage. What did the carfax show? See if someone can run you an OASIS. Guys on here can help with that.

The tow eyelets tear out rather easily, I wouldn't say that indicates abuse but then again I use my trucks like trucks so my opinion may be different than others.

bboteler

Reaction score
i use mine like a truck too, we operate a couple farms, but i've never ripped a pair out. However we use pinle hitches for hooking when pulling stuff out...guess it is only 1/4 plate not judging and i'm sure it happens more than I know of. But around here thats where the local idiots hook chains to, so once they are ripped it's pretty indicative of somebody hot rodding it a little too hard.

Brake Weight

Reaction score
The dealer never would call back with a CarFax report, so I assume it was a bad one. I tried to follow up with him but he 'was out, can i leave a measage?' Here's the VIN if anyone wants to run it: 1FTSW21P75EC08739

Beings that the 6.0s are most common on the local lots (cheaper) than just about all diesels lately, I'm gonna keep looking for a better kept vehicle. A quality, moderate lift and a set of wheels and tires to match should run around $4-5k.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I agree with the rest, to keep looking. Hey you have come to the right place to ask questions though :welcome: and keep us updated. There are plenty of good knowledgeable people on here that are willing to answer questions and help out.

Latest posts

Members online