Looney Race Review

pog

Reaction score
Loaded up the race tune before heading to the gym this evening and to simply state an overall feel for the tune it feels like the kem 345 tune. It has a slight haze at light acceleration, and the bottom end power is nuts. At about 5-8% throttle it accelerates quickly, really touchy throttle. Shift pattern is exactly the same as the kem 345 and spartan 310. Tc lock up and od happen at the same time, I did about a 30-35% throttle acceleration pull and it had a really rough tc lock/od shift, could be the trans learning but I have never experienced this before. I know quick tricks stated this is more of a track tune and reason being is the aggressive fueling, shifts are smooth under regular acceleration. For my personal driving habits I'm going to be loading gh race tune again. Just for the fact I love the shift pattern matt uses and the no smoke idea. Hope this gives you guys an idea of the tune. Again, I'm not complaining, got the tune for free so can't complain. With a little more tuning I'm sure they will have an awesome streetable/track tune. Thanks for the opportunity to run your tune guys it is a beast of a tune for sure.

pog

Reaction score
Ill be doing that tomorrow morning on my way to work. Didn't have time to adjust the wg yet, I was seeing 50psi boost just @ 35% throttle. Didn't wanna piss people off by getting into it too much.

pog

Reaction score
I know! Enough to make me not wanna do any WOT. That of course was in OD

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Whs

Sounds to me like they have the vgt duty cycle ramped up high to try and control smoke

Ipkyss

Reaction score
If its a race tune. It should be compared to the Spartan 310, Innovative Race, ect. Comparing it to the KEM 345 doesn't say much for power.

mombenz

Reaction score
Thank You Pog :)

The Looney race is set for the track. It is the 6.4L version of our Looney Wild track file. The power between the race and street is pretty similar but the street file is designed with drivability to make it a comfortable daily driver. The race file on the other hand is designed for drag racing. That is why I specified that it would not be a comfortable file to run daily. I thought of recommending you go with the street, but figured you had asked for the race, to see what times you got at the track.

The parameters in that file are the same ones in this video:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...7535539520&set=vb.228163185743&type=2&theater with 37" tires, tuner and exhaust.

We are going to the track on Friday night and expect to have more video.

Thanks!
Vivian

Last edited:

pog

Reaction score
The top end seems to be more powerful than the gh race tune. But its hard for me to actually compare my hpfp is acting up. It won't hold frp once tc locks up.

pog

Reaction score
If its a race tune. It should be compared to the Spartan 310, Innovative Race, ect. Comparing it to the KEM 345 doesn't say much for power.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant like how you would dd with the tune. Like the low end grunt/haze while accelerating etc.

pog

Reaction score
Hey vivan, your correct I was gonna take it to the track but I didn't get the tune in time and the track ended up being closed anyways. I completely understand its a track specific tune, but I couldn't resist settling for the street tune lol. I'm sure you will have awesome results with it at the track from the little time I've had to play with it. Looking forward to see what it runs on a basic setup.

mombenz

Reaction score
Hey vivan, your correct I was gonna take it to the track but I didn't get the tune in time and the track ended up being closed anyways. I completely understand its a track specific tune, but I couldn't resist settling for the street tune lol. I'm sure you will have awesome results with it at the track from the little time I've had to play with it. Looking forward to see what it runs on a basic setup.

I'm old school. The difference between the street and race is the transmission. I figure you don't need good manners to run a few seconds down the track but to have power and be comfortable, does. If you do go to the track, I would love to see a video!

50psi at 35% throttle sounds a bit sketchy.

Sounds high to me too. Don't know of anyone else seeing it with the files, but stranger things can happen.

Thanks,
Vivian

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.