Loosing ICP pressure in any tune..

Jomax

Reaction score
Truck Is A 2000 F350 drw 2wd Auto with 230k.

The truck will hold 2900psi at WOT in the stock tune all day. As soon as you put it in ANY tune, be it 25tow or 80eco... icp pressure drops to 2000 -2100 psi and IPR duty cycle starts going up. Did this before all the parts below I installed and still doing it now. Fuel pressure never goes below 60psi

1.5year old terminator Modded 17degree pump with 1.5 year old ipr

Tried three different ICP sensors

New HPOP lines

New Swamps AD injectors (All 8)

Resealed HPOP reservoir

Swapped from PHP chip ( what is on the truck) to a DP tuner and nothing changed

I'm stumped

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I figured it would be a tough one..

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
what is the DC% at full tilt on a hot tune? does the smoke clean up? you may want to check into your LPOP as well. At that mileage a stock Lpop isnt what it was

Jomax

Reaction score
It will climb all the way to 86% ( by then I slow down) smoke isn't bad. In PHPs 65 tow there's zero smoke.

will be checking the LPOP.

duck fan

Reaction score
will be checking the LPOP.

Really good place to start. At your mileage, there is a good possibility its a bit worn. If your LPOP is failing to keep up with the demand of the HPOP at WOT, the oil in the HPOP reservoir will end up with air bubbles in it and then pressure will start to fall.

Jomax

Reaction score
Really good place to start. At your mileage, there is a good possibility its a bit worn. If your LPOP is failing to keep up with the demand of the HPOP at WOT, the oil in the HPOP reservoir will end up with air bubbles in it and then pressure will start to fall.

But wouldn't it then do it in Stock tuning aswell? Will be checking the lpop tonight or tomorrow.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Nobody think his hpop is a cause.

Sure, its possible, but I'd hate to think a t500 can't fully support a stock set of injectors with just a chip. My stock 17 degree pump held 28-2900 ish psi in my hot tune with 238/100's. I realize not every pump is the same though...

Jomax

Reaction score
Update. LPOP seems good. At EOT, psi at idle is 20psi. At WOT it holds a steady 42psi.

Doing some data logging and will keep you guys posted.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
It would not be a bad idea to have Joey at Terminator look at the pump. But do keep in mind that stock AD codes are REALLY oil hungry, and that could be some of the cause as well. Also, do you have another IPR to test with to rule out that being the problem?

2000wa250

Reaction score
Update. LPOP seems good. At EOT, psi at idle is 20psi. At WOT it holds a steady 42psi.

Doing some data logging and will keep you guys posted.

No one else sees this as a bit weak? Thought at WOT low pressure was supposed to be close to 60psi...

Where was this monitored at?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
It would not be a bad idea to have Joey at Terminator look at the pump. But do keep in mind that stock AD codes are REALLY oil hungry, and that could be some of the cause as well. Also, do you have another IPR to test with to rule out that being the problem?

The pump and ipr were on another truck that was running 200/200s. Was working fine. The hpop and ipr was just installed. With the old pump and ipr it was doing the same thing... I will say during testing today. When the oil temp was about 130. It was holding more pressure. and at half throttle, if the oil is hot or warn, the pressure is pretty good.

For the stock injectors being oil hungry, Don't get me wrong I fully understand. But being I've ran about 5 7.3s woth stock ADs with just a chip, they held icp great.. With a 200k pump.

Jomax

Reaction score
No one else sees this as a bit weak? Thought at WOT low pressure was supposed to be close to 60psi...

Where was this monitored at?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It was monitored at the hpop reservoir plug. I believe 40-70 is good at EOT.

Jomax

Reaction score

I have the old IPR and it was having the same problem. Only other place is from my truck.. but I'm 99.99% the pump and IPR is good.... no way it dies just sitting.. the truck it came from was running perfect.

TyCorr

Reaction score
A truck running 200cc hybrids uses waaaaaaay less hpo than tuned ads. In fact a weak pump will run them according to some injector builders.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.