Loosing my mind with traction controi

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have tried every option I can think of and can't figure out how to shut down the computer controlled crap on this truck.

Traction control off by itself. Advance track off by itself. Both traction control and advance track off. 2x4 or 4x4. Nothing I do will let me spin the tires without shutting down the throttle. rear locker in or out does not change it. Rear locker with the SPE overide didn't change anything.

I don't want to turn this into a question of why I would want to, or why I should not. If I want to go drift around or do donuts in the snow I should be able to.

At best it will let me slide around a little bit at about 1/4 throttle. Anything more then that it just cuts power and flashes the traction control light like its completely on.

I simple just want to be the driver of my truck, not the computer.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Wheel speed sensor. Disconnect one. I had to do it once to get me unstuck in some mud on a lease road. I disconnected the sensor on the front drivers side. 2 wheel drive probs lol it kept killing my power when I'd start to make some progress. Then it would kill it in reverse. I was stuck until I disconnected that sensor. That kills everything.
If I knew how to hook it up to an updated switch to kill it by flipping the switch I would. I need pictures of how to do something like that. I hate electronics..

But I know that you have to be going under 25 or 35mph to "fully disable" the TCS and Advance Trac. But it never really fully disables it unless you unplug a wheel speed sensor. You'll get some warnings on the dash but it's all normal with unplugging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50_shooter

Reaction score
I wonder if some of these trucks are different than others because if I hold down the button for several seconds it will flash "advancedtrac off" and I can spin the tires as much as I want with no defuel. I have heard others say that it doesn't work like that for them.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Put the ABS wire on a toggle switch....problem solved.

I'm simple with this kind of stuff... So you're saying I could just tap into the speed sensor wire, or ABS wire, and just run it to an up fitter switch and when I flip it on, it will kill advance trac?

I wonder if some of these trucks are different than others because if I hold down the button for several seconds it will flash "advancedtrac off" and I can spin the tires as much as I want with no defuel. I have heard others say that it doesn't work like that for them.

Mine does the same thing flashing advance traction off. And I can do a boosted launch and roast the tires but if I get really rowdy it kills power. To an extent it kills it but not 100% I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Put the ABS wire on a toggle switch....problem solved.

Are you talking an abs sensor wire or power to the abs system?

I miss my 08. Tap the button, do burnout. Simple.

Whats even worse that I figured out plowing yesterday. You can't ride the brakes and be on the throttle at the same time. Its just a pita when plowing. If you lightly ride the brake like when near a curb or pushing a bank for more then a few seconds it shuts the throttle off. Hard to change what I have been doing for 15yrs. So much for brake boosting a dyno run or roll race.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Are you talking an abs sensor wire or power to the abs system?

I miss my 08. Tap the button, do burnout. Simple.

Whats even worse that I figured out plowing yesterday. You can't ride the brakes and be on the throttle at the same time. Its just a pita when plowing. If you lightly ride the brake like when near a curb or pushing a bank for more then a few seconds it shuts the throttle off. Hard to change what I have been doing for 15yrs. So much for brake boosting a dyno run or roll race.

I would have to agree when it comes to driving in snow and plowing. I found my '97 and '04 350's and '06 Dodge 2500 handled like they were on rails in the snow and plowed great. My '15 seems like it always wants to fish tail and wander a lot. When plowing, there are times you need to throttle out of a bank or give it some throttle pushing and the traction control thinks differently.

Mechcont

Reaction score
I hate that the the traction control never fully shuts off but I would rather just have it done through programming hopefully Mike can figure this out soon.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I would gladly completely turn off both traction control and advance track in tuning if it became available. I was stuck in my own yard last week because I could not spin the tires enough to clear them out. The only reason I got out is 4x4 low completely shuts down the traction control from what I can tell.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
http://www.spar<--->tandieseltech.com/15_TCSOFF.zip

Give these a try. You'll need to remove the <---> in the link to download.

There's a copy of the 600 and 600 Enhanced for 2015/2016 in the zip folder with TCS and AdvanceTrac torque management disabled. Extract the .enc files and put them in the "custom tunes" folder if your nGauge microSD card.

These will permanently display "TCS off" on your instrument cluster. The ABS functions of AdvanceTrac will still function, but it will not pull power from the rear wheels.

I verified these work by several donuts in our F450 in the parking lot. Let me know if it works properly for you guys (for anyone who wants to try it).

Edit- if these work well, I'll add copies of the 500 and 550 power levels. My 350 SRW is apart right now; so I'm only able to test it on the F450 which is a little different concerning AdvanceTrac.

strokin20

Reaction score
Just loaded it up and mine doesn't display "TCS Off" on my instrument cluster but the button works as normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Just loaded it up and mine doesn't display "TCS Off" on my instrument cluster but the button works as normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did the tune you chose on the tuning screen say "TCS Off" in the description on screen? The button shouldn't work after the tune download.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Oops, looks like I fat-fingered a key when I uploaded the files to that link. Those are the normal v1.1 files I put in there.

Will fix that in an hour or so

Latest posts

Members online