Loud turbo whistle

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
Ok so my injectors have 201k on them to the best of my knowledge anyway they may have been changed before I bought it but idk. Anyway I'm half expecting them to go out before toor long so how much did it cost to have your injectors done by rykan. Also if I go that route when I get them back can I expect pretty close to stock reliability again?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I think rykans injector modifications are like 1600. So far they have been very reliable, but as with any aftermarket madifications, if one does die, you cant just run down to ford and get a new one.

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
Strokin6L dang man that's insanely loud. Very very cool lol.

6.0Tech thanks for the information I think I'll be doing that when it comes time for new injectors. I was looking at 170cc/30% on swamp diesel and it was like $2400+ so this sounds like a lot better deal.

Boorail85

Reaction score
Am I the ONLY one who does not particularly care for the crazy loud turbo whistle? Sounds kinda neat, but after about 2-3 min of driving, I am over it. lol.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Am I the ONLY one who does not particularly care for the crazy loud turbo whistle? Sounds kinda neat, but after about 2-3 min of driving, I am over it. lol.

I went non-vgt for a few months and thought it was kind of cool that there was no whistle... Well I got sick of the non-vgt drone sound after about 1 day. I also go sick of people asking what was wrong with my truck LOL.

It literally put a smile on my face when I swapped a vgt turbo back on my truck and the turbo spooled up and my whistle was back.

Different stroke for different folks.

BS Hauler

Reaction score
When I first got my 06 I put a MBRP full 4" turbo back no muffler exhaust on it. My horses hated me so I put the MBRP muffler on it. Now it has just the right amount of whistle.

Reaction score
I know I prefer the wistle to the drone too, also prefer the whistle to the whine of a 38r

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I know I prefer the wistle to the drone too, also prefer the whistle to the whine of a 38r

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

AGREED!!!

The SIREN 38r is super annoying

I don't know what it was but every non-vgt I ran on my 6.0 had a weird drone. ESPECIALLY at 1700-2000rpms. It was weird because it was not super loud, but I felt like I could not hear anything else. It almost overtook the whole truck, but was not loud. kinda of hard to explain.

Reaction score
AGREED!!!

The SIREN 38r is super annoying

I don't know what it was but every non-vgt I ran on my 6.0 had a weird drone. ESPECIALLY at 1700-2000rpms. It was weird because it was not super loud, but I felt like I could not hear anything else. It almost overtook the whole truck, but was not loud. kinda of hard to explain.
Nope, I get it... My obs with all three different turbos that I had at some point, all had that terrible drone with straight pipe, same rpm as you speak. My way of explaining it is "when someone with extremely loud and low base is next to you, and it hits, it's like it's stuck on the hit/kick, and that low tone drives you nuts from the inside out. Did me anyway. Another way is when another diesel pulls up next to you, and the harmonics are just terrible between the two, and you can't hear yourself think

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.