Loud Whistling, flute type noise? need help! (vid included)

johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
I've posted this on another site but i'm not getting any response so maybe no one's ever heard this noise befroe? I'll expain...I've had this loud very odd squeal/chirp and i can't locate where it's coming from. I've searched the forums as well as Youtube to see if anyone has a similar sound but i can't seem to find anyone who has. if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

here is a quick video of the noise:
http://vid638.photobucket.com/albums...psva8o2mgd.mp4

it kinda seems like it's coming from the steering box area but i can't tell.

Spatel23

Reaction score
your video is not working
upload it to youtube

what exactly causes the noise or under what circumstances do you hear it ?

Lipka101

Reaction score
Constant? Certain rpm? With the info you have, look for an exhaust leak. Probably the manifold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
ok thanks for the feedback, i'll try to repost this video, not sure whay it's not working. but once you hear it, you'll see how distinct it is. it sounds like it's coming from steering box, but it's hard to tell. it seems to be louder once the truck has been fully warmed up.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Fuel cooler pump. Check coolant level in reservoir by your fuel cooler /turbo actuator. Sounds like it air locked. You will need an air lift to vacuum fill it. Or if you don't have access to one, jack up the rear of your truck as high as you can, remove intercooler, remove 8mm Allen plug from the top of the turbos actuator. Un bolt the secondary radiator (small one on drivers side behind the intercooler) do your best to turn it upside down and top off the coolant in the reservoir.

johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
Fuel cooler pump. Check coolant level in reservoir by your fuel cooler /turbo actuator. Sounds like it air locked. You will need an air lift to vacuum fill it. Or if you don't have access to one, jack up the rear of your truck as high as you can, remove intercooler, remove 8mm Allen plug from the top of the turbos actuator. Un bolt the secondary radiator (small one on drivers side behind the intercooler) do your best to turn it upside down and top off the coolant in the reservoir.

thanks a lot! i was standing there with my buddy scratching our heads on this one for a while! really had no idea what or where the noise was coming from. i'll let you know how the fix goes. thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online