Low Boost and a P2262

kmapro

Reaction score
05 250 FX4

Driving home the other day, let off the accelerator due to traffic - when I got back on it, there was an audible difference (from under the hood) and a very low boost condition. Truck did not immediately throw a P2262 code. This actually took a couple of trips.

Unrelated, the radiator developed a crack (plastic top) and started spewing coolant about the same time the boost went out. I have since replaced the radiator with an all aluminum one. The boost issue still remains.

As a disclaimer - I know the EBP sensor has been out for a while. Just found out that one of the wires has been unhooked since install about a year ago.

I have little-to-no boost in the lower RPM range. At WOT, I have about 8-9 psi.

I have checked the air filter inlet connection and it is good. I just replaced the turbo-intercooler (hot side) boot coming off the passenger side of the turbo.
I have cleaned and assured positive connection at the MAP sensor. I have checked to make sure the connection at the valve cover (MAP hose) is there, but have not physically pulled the hose and checked for any damage.

At KOEO:
FMP - 47.5 v
ICP-V - 0.2 v
MAP - 14.1 psi
Baro - 14.1 psi
VGT - 0
IPR - 14.7
Boost - 0.1

At KOER:
HPOP - 776.3 psi
FMP - 47.5 v
ICP-V - 1.0 v
MAP - 13.9 psi
Baro - 14.1 psi
VGT - 46.8%
IPR - 27.1%

Any help in identifying this problem would be greatly apprciated.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
05 250 FX4

Driving home the other day, let off the accelerator due to traffic - when I got back on it, there was an audible difference (from under the hood) and a very low boost condition. Truck did not immediately throw a P2262 code. This actually took a couple of trips.

Unrelated, the radiator developed a crack (plastic top) and started spewing coolant about the same time the boost went out. I have since replaced the radiator with an all aluminum one. The boost issue still remains.

As a disclaimer - I know the EBP sensor has been out for a while. Just found out that one of the wires has been unhooked since install about a year ago.

I have little-to-no boost in the lower RPM range. At WOT, I have about 8-9 psi.

I have checked the air filter inlet connection and it is good. I just replaced the turbo-intercooler (hot side) boot coming off the passenger side of the turbo.
I have cleaned and assured positive connection at the MAP sensor. I have checked to make sure the connection at the valve cover (MAP hose) is there, but have not physically pulled the hose and checked for any damage.

At KOEO:
FMP - 47.5 v
ICP-V - 0.2 v
MAP - 14.1 psi
Baro - 14.1 psi
VGT - 0
IPR - 14.7
Boost - 0.1

At KOER:
HPOP - 776.3 psi
FMP - 47.5 v
ICP-V - 1.0 v
MAP - 13.9 psi
Baro - 14.1 psi
VGT - 46.8%
IPR - 27.1%

Any help in identifying this problem would be greatly apprciated.

Plastic cold side tube or all metal one? Plastic ones blow out quite often. Also, check the rest of the boots and make sure they’re all seated good, not torn, and all in all not creating a boost leak. If all that is good, take a long screw driver and push back the rubber seal looking things where the intercooler end tanks are at and see if the crimps are blown out. Also check for exhaust leaks, may be large due to the failed ebp sensor. Finally fix the ebp sensor issue. They run much better that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6_Riders

Reaction score
Change the map hose, don't bother with just inspecting it. Make sure your cac clamps are sitting right and tight.
Other than that, you, most likely, have a cac system leak. The most common are blown cold side (plastic) pipe, cracked boot (almost always the turbo boot) and blown intercooler.
It is possible that you blew your up pipes, but you'd generally hear those leaking (if it's causing a boost problem).
I recommend riff raff cac boots and an 03/4 cold side pipe, or an aftermarket set (which ever). If the intercooler is blown, get an aluminum one (not Mishimoto).

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

kmapro

Reaction score
Sorry fir the delay in responding.

I do have an all plastic cold side intercooler system.

I pulled the hot side completely out and inspected everything.

Looks like it is gonna be the MAP hose. Pulled it and it is cracked just before the nipple on the sensor. Hard to believe that this small of a crack will cause these issues.

Now, hoping Autozone has one in stock...

6_Riders

Reaction score
Sorry fir the delay in responding.

I do have an all plastic cold side intercooler system.

I pulled the hot side completely out and inspected everything.

Looks like it is gonna be the MAP hose. Pulled it and it is cracked just before the nipple on the sensor. Hard to believe that this small of a crack will cause these issues.

Now, hoping Autozone has one in stock...
It's just a vacuum hose.
Get rid of that plastic cac pipe, they blow out regularly and its hard to tell if/where it's leaking. Aluminum or stock (03/04) metal pipe should be used.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk