Low Fuel Pressure? C&C 450

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Checked through the forum and didn't see this directly addressed, if I missed it, sorry.
Let me preface by saying that this all could be because of this ridiculous arctic cold that just blasted it's way through and that my truck sits outside 24/7. Driving to work this morning (5 degrees with negative windchill) the truck threw a light - Low Fuel Pressure .. See Manual. Anyone else seen this and dealt with it?
Quick research led to some people suggesting that it's just a fuel filter change (even though I believe the proper light would be associated with that), others recommended taking it to the dealer. I have just under 9700 miles on the truck and plenty of warranty. Light has flashed every time I start the truck now and to be honest, it IS starting to feel sluggish down low now.
If there's a quick fix I'm down and I'll head the advice here. Otherwise, looks like it's going in. Hope this doesn't start some weird chain of events. Truck is running excellently otherwise.
Just thought I'd open the topic for anyone else who may run into the problem.
Thanks!

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
When I ran mine out of fuel it said "low fuel pressure" followed by "reducing engine power" then it died.

You may have just clogged the filter. I would bet if you got it in somewhere and warmed everything up it would be fine.

Latest posts

Members online