Low LPO when hot-stalled

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Hey all, quick question. Anyone ever crack a front cover internally?

I had my engine built about 6 months ago, filled block, 10 over pistons, crowers, girdle, whole 9 yards. No hiccups until the other night when I was driving and she stalled on me. I'm pretty anal about watching my LPO gauge So i know the numbers pretty well when hot and cold.

When it stalled I had a very hard time building anything over 4 psi. Let it sit for an hour and managed to build 7psi, fired and sounded pissed like air in the oil after having pulled an injector or something, then stalled. Following morning I failed to check the reservoir for oil level. Cranked it for about 10 seconds and took a 3 to 4 seconds to come off 0 then shot pretty quickly to 36psi, fired but was pretty angry. Tried to fire it again and no go, killed my batteries.

Fast forward to last night and I have the motor out, looked for the rear oil Galley plugs being out, cracks in the mains, journels, front cover and pick up tube. Can't find any cracks...only thing out of the ordinary was when pulling the longer bolts out of the front cover, they were saturated in oil. If your looking at the block, it was the very top 2 on the right side of the cover and a 3rd just below the 2, all cover in oil. During disassembly when I was getting to the oil reservoir, I noticed the oil level was half down.

Latest posts

Members online