Lowered 08+

Viking

Reaction score
I have given a go at trying to find anything more than the DJM 3/5 drop kit for the 08-10 2wd. Is there a company that has a kit that drops/lowers one more?

I found an 08 2wd that I may just go trade my truck in for instead of exhausting all the options with my current one.

Enoch

Reaction score
I haven't found one and it doesn't seem or look to be that hard. But you will probably have to notch the frame in back or do a axle flip kit. Which I know nothing about or know who sells them. I've only heard of them.
Although I have a 00' I don't think they're much dif. height wise, I may be way wrong though.
But I have the 3/5 drop kit, then had a helper bag system made for the back, well they removed the bump stops (have no clue why) and when the bags are aired out, there's about an inch from bed to frame. If you lower it, do not let them remove the bump stops, when you hit a dip or bump and hit the frame, you'll think you're driving a bucket.
I was going to notch it, and the shop said it would be just as strong if not stronger.
This may be the case but I didn't do it.
Or I think you can do an axle flip kit, which I have no clue how that works but would like to know.
That's the rear, for the front. I always bottomed out and hit the fenders. Drove me banana's so I went through about 3 sets of shocks, then listened and bought Bilstiens. Well they weren't any different then the rest. lol Rolling or banging in the lip of the fender helps a ton.
So I ordered and installed TuffTruck coils, a lot better, but raised the front up an inch.
It will still will hit the fenders on a good dip.
My solution and I have no idea why DJM or someone else hasn't done this. Is a quad shock mount bracket for the front as well as one for the rear for lowered applications.
The shop that was going to work on my truck told me they did this to a dodge dually and the truck handle amazing.

So long and short, no, no one makes a kit that is more than a 3/5 drop. You will have to take it to a fab shop that specializes in auto fab work. And even then, if they do do the work make sure they have the time. I found out they rushed my custom helper bag set-up and they should've installed bigger bags and I was ticked, but months already passed.. As well as it raised the rear up as well. I told them I'm trying to go down, not raise it back up.
I strictly asked them and told them to please do this as if it was for a show or showtruck. I didn't care about the money, I wanted it done clean and done right.
I know what will work and work correctly, but I can't do the fab work or do I have the connection to any fab guys.

1. Find a great fab shop that you or someone you know, know's and knows well, you know.
2. Get the DJM Drop kit and go from there Or have them engineer the front beams at an angle that equals more than 3" of drop in front.
3. Have them fab up some dual shock mounts for front and back.
4. Get a extra set of drop shocks
5. Either do the rear flip kit or notch the rear frame. The rear shackles could be mounted a 1/2" or inch higher, which would bring it lower as well.
6. Have them install everything and get an alignment.
7. Tell them to produce a dual shock mount kit for lowered F250's and let me know so I can get them.
Thanks!

JMart

Reaction score
The 08 is already a flip kit in the rear.

You won't get ride much lower in the front even with a set of bags unless you have some custom stuff built. You would have to send the truck to a custom fab shop and have all new components built up front. I haven't come across a "kit" out there for any of the superdutys. All the trucks I have seen that were lower were pretty custom.

Enoch

Reaction score
The 08 is already a flip kit in the rear.

You won't get ride much lower in the front even with a set of bags unless you have some custom stuff built.

1. Get much lower in front in general or much lower than with the DJM kit?
2. Did not know that about the 08' rear.
3. Can't believe a fab shop hasn't made a few jigs and made these parts, etc.
4. I'm in the wrong busness, I have all sorts of simple idea's that would work and help out fellow superduty peeps. That includes non-suspension related as well.

Latest posts

Members online