Lowering a 4X4??????

bpcheramie

Reaction score
Ok has anyone out there lowered thier 4x4? I am looking to shave a few inches off a 4x4 and not sure what would be the best wat to do it. So if you have done it or know someone that has give me a hand with this.

I have heard and doing a four link front and rear but not sure. Also heard about doing the excursion fron springs but again not sure. This is a 99 4x4 Extend cab truck.

Please dont post why do you want to lower a 4x4. I just do that is all.

Gremlin

David N

Reaction score
How low you talking about going? If you start swapping springs Im pretty sure you have to cut driveshafts...

BMac

Reaction score
Your best bet will probably get a spring shop to de-arch your springs to get the height you want, you'll have to be careful though, you won't be able to go too low without riding on the bumpstops, the pumpkin will come close to the oil pan as well

blackbetty13

Reaction score
bren have u thought about keeping the front the way it is and dropping the back end down where its level that way. ive seen a could that have done it and it looks decent

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
99 f-350. Stock springs all the way around, Removed blocks in the rear.
IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
The biggest problem on lowering a 4x4 is the straight axle. Frame to axle clearance becomes a problem pretty quick. If you go under there now and measure, you'll see there's not a lot of room to work with.

bpcheramie

Reaction score
99 f-350. Stock springs all the way around, Removed blocks in the rear.
IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

So you are sitting at stock hight in the front....

Sorry about not getting back before now i didnt even subscribe to my own thread....

I was thinking about four linking both front and rear. This truck will never see off rad again once I am finish.

Brent

Latest posts

Members online