Lowering an f350

bboteler

Reaction score
I am considering dropping my leveling kit and replacing my f350 blocks with f250 blocks. I can't get my mpg's over 15 and I'm hoping to find improvement. Also I will probably try to swap my 35's for some 33's later down the line? Opinions????

Dzchey21

Reaction score
what year?

alot of trucks sit level with stock front springs, and a 1 inch rear block

jdgleason

Reaction score
I bet some 5.4 F150 sprins in the front and removing the rear block would make it sit pretty low. That with dropping tire sizes should pick up 1-2 mpg at least. Dustin would know better than I, but there is a start

bboteler

Reaction score
I guess I don't have a good baseline on what my trucks potential is because it had the leveling kit and 35's when I bought it. Tunes helped some but I gotta get better than 15...

jdgleason

Reaction score
I know the 35s are crushing your mileage. What gears do you have? What does your normal drive look like? Maybe some 3.55 gears for the highway will help? As long as you dont tow heavy and often. Maybe a gear vendors overdrive? You can go at it a couple ways- reduce rolling resistance or drop rpms some. Or I guess do a little of both

cfdeng7

Reaction score
If u decide to pull your leveling kit and want to sell it let me know.

bboteler

Reaction score
Geared 3.73 I run a mix of highway, some city and some decent mountains (well east coast versions). I don't pull too heavy but I do pull. So no one thinks getting the nose down and leveling the rear will get any gains? Yes I know the 35's gotta go but 33's at my height will look pretty rediculous.
If I pull it and like the new look I'll let you know.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Getting the truck lower will help some but I'm not so sure how much. The smaller tires will help reduce rolling resistance but will also increase your rpms. Lowering and the 33s should give you around2 mpg back if I was to guess. Maybe a tonneu cover? Idk how much they actually help but it can't hurt mpg either

bboteler

Reaction score
Yeah it's kinda like chasing a ghost, but I gotta start doing something so I can afford to drive it.

bboteler

Reaction score
So i've decided i'm gonna drop it down...atleast to 2" maybe 1" rear blocks and keep the factory springs up front...and as soon as i fine some smaller rubber, hopefully a swap with someone, i'll see what improvements are made. Anyone got pics of 2" vs. 1" rear blocks in a 350?

Latest posts

Members online