Mad turbo werks build::MAD TRUCK

Mdub707

Reaction score
The adrenaline can handle the injectors. Was the tuning modified for the new pump! The higher volume output needs ipr duty cycle adjusted

I was just going to ask that question, because I can't believe the diesel site pump couldn't even keep up with 205's... some guys are feeding those injectors with stock pumps...

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna say that cause Purdue stroker(jason bannon) has 225/100's and an adrenaline pump and holds ICP just fine

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I didn't get the tune adjusted for the pump, I will get a tune from Eric and see how the pump holds then. Thanks for the input guys, didn't know about having to tune the IPR duty cycle. Might still do the dual pump kit anyways, I'll see what Jesse recommends, or might change the pump for a stocker put the dual system on and then sell the adrenaline pump.

Remember I'm a aircraft mechanic and I love back up systems, so by running two pump if one HPOP fails then I have the other to supply to get me home.

Last edited:

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea Adrian! I'm curious how she'll do with the 225/75's and the new Stage 3. Are you planning on making it out to Bill's in June?

I will try to make the event, might have the nitrous system in by then, and I can give a hell of a show then.:thumbsup:

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Remember I'm a aircraft mechanic and I love back up systems, so by running two pump if one HPOP fails then I have the other to supply to get me home.

I am pretty sure that it wouldn't work that way. If the factory(or adrenaline) fails, the secondary does not move enough oil to supply even stock injectors on it's own. Plus the pressure would most likely bleed off back through the crapped out HPOP. If the secondary fails, there is a very good chance it would do something not so good to your serpentine belt.

MorganY

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that it wouldn't work that way. If the factory(or adrenaline) fails, the secondary does not move enough oil to supply even stock injectors on it's own. Plus the pressure would most likely bleed off back through the crapped out HPOP. If the secondary fails, there is a very good chance it would do something not so good to your serpentine belt.

Ding Ding Ding!

The second pump is not very much volume compared to the stock pump.

I was scared of breaking a serp on the road, so I run a secondary drive belt for that reason.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I spent a lot of time weighing the options of using a longer serpentine belt or adding a secondary belt befroe I did mine. I opted for the longer serpentine, just because there is not much room in the front and I wanted to keep it simple. pretty much just personal preference. The cool thing about the dual belt is that you could easily disable the secondary HPOP if for some reason you wanted to.

I also carry a spare serpentine belt, among other spare parts on long trips.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to say it and be wrong. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I will be the first one to admit when I wrong, and I don't know much about the dual HPOP systems.

I found something very strange, I asked Eric at IDP to just the IPR duty cycle for the adrenaline pump and he told me he never had to do that, or has done it. So I'm very confused on what the heck is going on, when I had guys tell me the pump needs a tune for it. I would think Eric would have known what I was talking about, or maybe I explained it wrong to him.

MorganY

Reaction score
I will be the first one to admit when I wrong, and I don't know much about the dual HPOP systems.

I found something very strange, I asked Eric at IDP to just the IPR duty cycle for the adrenaline pump and he told me he never had to do that, or has done it. So I'm very confused on what the heck is going on, when I had guys tell me the pump needs a tune for it. I would think Eric would have known what I was talking about, or maybe I explained it wrong to him.

Some trucks equipped with a second pump may have more volume than others and require IPR to be pulled back due to so many factors on each kit. The pump capacity itself, pulley sizing with that setup, injector size, style of hpo system, etc.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

it needs some ipr duty cycle pulled.

when i put my ad pump in, it looked like it couldnt hold icp with 225s. once i datalogged the pump, i found that the ipr duty cycle was to aggressive. this was causing pressure spikes over 4k.

the pressure limiting valve in the pump would open dumping the pressure. i had matt pull about 20 percent off the pump, and guess what. the pump makes and hold 4k all day long.

Last edited:

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure Eric retuned mine for the pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. I drove the truck from Mississippi to Pennsylvania, for some family functions. Dropped the truck off at Jesse's shop, talked to Jesse before and Patrick but was nice to meet them face to face. I told him about some of the issues I was having with the truck, and he told me no problem he would handle them. I also gave him a new turbo I have been playing with to try out on some of the shop trucks. I will give out more info later on issues and what was done to fix them, truck will be in his hands, for a couple of weeks until I can fly back up to pick it up. Like I have said before I just don't have the time to work on the truck right now, and wanted Jesse to live tune the truck anyway. Looking forward to getting it back, should be really nasty.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Back in P.A., truck should be ready on Friday looking forward to getting it. Truck will be running a stage 4, have a nice fuel system in it,( sump, airdog150, and a Weldon 2032a high pressure pump), the dual high pressure oil system. The truck took a little longer, had Andy look over the tranny , changing out the converter from the DCP, to a PI, and changed the stall to 1800. He also went and changed out the wiring harness, and upgraded all the internals to billet. I will let the members know how it works out, when I get truck back to M.S. I will be changing out the intake manifold, and exhaust manifolds, and if time permits, add a nitrous system to it.

Latest posts