Mad turbo werks build::MAD TRUCK

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I went with a set up that Quick Tricks is selling now. It is made just for the 6.0, very nice system, fits very well. All relays and eletrics are built into fan. The shoud is a custom built unit, but you wouldn't guess it, very nice work.

Thanks, I might have to look into that.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
up date::

I have been working on the truck and turbos at same time. I wanted to get to Rudy's but for several reason I decided not to go. First I want the truck right and have been doing a lot of detail work in the engine compartment, and the weather looked so so. They couldn't tell me if dyno was going to be loaded or not, I was not going to drive 12-13 hours and have rain or unloaded dyno to spoil my time.

Second I'm behind on turbo builds for my customers so I want to stay home and pump the turbos out. When you own your own business sometimes you have to put things aside to get things done.

So back to the build, the truck kicked my butt with the shocks and steering dampeners. The truck was a hand full when driving down the street if there were ruts in the road or uneven pavement. The truck also didn't ride that well, bumps were hard and you felt them way too much. I have a 5.5 fab tech lift with fab tech shocks, and dampeners. I thought maybe they where just not good enough, so I upgraded to bilsten shocks. Dam good thing, I took the steering dampeners out and they were shot, sounded like water in them and had nothing in dampening what so ever. Next I started on the rear shocks same thing shot, as the dual front shocks. I wish I could say that it was a easy job, but it wasn't, the holes in the bilsten were not 1/2 like the hardware, so I had to drill bigger. The dampeners had their own ends that wouldn't work so I had to mod them too.
I have just a couple on little things to finish and will take pictures of what I did.

Vizsla

Reaction score
I have been working on the truck and turbos at same time. I wanted to get to Rudy's but for several reason I decided not to go. First I want the truck right and have been doing a lot of detail work in the engine compartment, and the weather looked so so. They couldn't tell me if dyno was going to be loaded or not, I was not going to drive 12-13 hours and have rain or unloaded dyno to spoil my time.

Second I'm behind on turbo builds for my customers so I want to stay home and pump the turbos out. When you own your own business sometimes you have to put things aside to get things done.

So back to the build, the truck kicked my butt with the shocks and steering dampeners. The truck was a hand full when driving down the street if there were ruts in the road or uneven pavement. The truck also didn't ride that well, bumps were hard and you felt them way too much. I have a 5.5 fab tech lift with fab tech shocks, and dampeners. I thought maybe they where just not good enough, so I upgraded to bilsten shocks. Dam good thing, I took the steering dampeners out and they were shot, sounded like water in them and had nothing in dampening what so ever. Next I started on the rear shocks same thing shot, as the dual front shocks. I wish I could say that it was a easy job, but it wasn't, the holes in the bilsten were not 1/2 like the hardware, so I had to drill bigger. The dampeners had their own ends that wouldn't work so I had to mod them too.
I have just a couple on little things to finish and will take pictures of what I did.

I ran bilsteins all the way around on my 06, and they made a noticeable difference. Heard people bash them, but mine were on for years, ocean(salt), western PA(more salt), jumps, they didn't look pretty anymore, but worked great(no boots either). Hope you have the same luck, bet they are still on that truck. Weird they didn't bolt up, mine swapped perfect. Looking forward to pics.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I ran bilsteins all the way around on my 06, and they made a noticeable difference. Heard people bash them, but mine were on for years, ocean(salt), western PA(more salt), jumps, they didn't look pretty anymore, but worked great(no boots either). Hope you have the same luck, bet they are still on that truck. Weird they didn't bolt up, mine swapped perfect. Looking forward to pics.

I thought they would be a quick swap but they were not. I did get a hell of a deal on them so maybe they were for a different truck or something. I paid 580.00 for two steering dampeners and 6 shocks. Brand new for some bilstein supplier I found on the web from California. The shocks got to be a lot better then what I had, wife might actually like riding with me in the truck.

Bubba88

Reaction score
Hey Adrian.....good job on the decision making. The dyno was a friggin massive failure. He ran my truck like he was scared. Didn't pass 3k rpm on it so I put down 309hp which is a long ways away from mid 500 where I should be. I confronted him about the bullchit and he pretty much told me to F Off. Never again will I get on Hallers dyno....even if it was free and in my backyard.

Dave

Reaction score
Sorry man if you laid 309 down on Hallers dyno thats what you got.

200whp_Liter

Reaction score
I guarantee if it sad 309 that's what it made. Mike knows his chitt. He is a stand up guy that is more than fair to people. Sorry for your loss...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
hhmmm A stock 6.0L with just a good tune will throw down way more then 309 HP... A stock 6.0L with a good tune should be over 400RWHP no sweat! Just saying. he even has 175/100 sticks, And astage 2 turbo... 309 is WAY to LOW.

Skinny

Reaction score
It's all on how you set up the dyno... Funny I could barely make 400 on bd diesels dyno week later I go to my local track my mph put me at a smidge under 470.... If you want the proper numbers go to the track.

Sent from my iPone sitting on the crapper

200whp_Liter

Reaction score
hhmmm A stock 6.0L with just a good tune will throw down way more then 309 HP... A stock 6.0L with a good tune should be over 400RWHP no sweat! Just saying. he even has 175/100 sticks, And astage 2 turbo... 309 is WAY to LOW.

There are waaayyyy to many factors for us to know. Engine problems, tune, tranny. On and on. All I'm saying is I've been on that dyno multiple times and its pretty close on every high hp truck I've seen.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey Adrian.....good job on the decision making. The dyno was a friggin massive failure. He ran my truck like he was scared. Didn't pass 3k rpm on it so I put down 309hp which is a long ways away from mid 500 where I should be. I confronted him about the bullchit and he pretty much told me to F Off. Never again will I get on Hallers dyno....even if it was free and in my backyard.

You think with a stock cam your truck would have made peak power out further than 3k? :doh: I guess not everyone is as smart as they think they are. Were your numbers corrected or uncorrected? What has your truck run at the track? Checked voltage on your tps sensor?

Having worked with Mike on that dyno I've seen my fair share of whiners and cry babies make their 300hp pulls and run 15 second quarters. Saying that anyone was afraid of a 6.0 with some 175s is laughable unless he thought it was going to blow apart and coat his dyno in coolant.

With some experience you'll learn that you need to grow the *** up and when your pile makes less power than what you think it should, you take it to the track and you keep your ***king mouth shut. No need to trash anybody for things you don't understand.

Dave

Reaction score

Hes got some mechanical issues to work out.

You think with a stock cam your truck would have made peak power out further than 3k? :doh: I guess not everyone is as smart as they think they are. Were your numbers corrected or uncorrected? What has your truck run at the track? Checked voltage on your tps sensor?

Having worked with Mike on that dyno I've seen my fair share of whiners and cry babies make their 300hp pulls and run 15 second quarters. Saying that anyone was afraid of a 6.0 with some 175s is laughable unless he thought it was going to blow apart and coat his dyno in coolant.

With some experience you'll learn that you need to grow the *** up and when your pile makes less power than what you think it should, you take it to the track and you keep your ***king mouth shut. No need to trash anybody for things you don't understand.

And JD nailed it

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

You know whats awesome about dynos? They often can help us understand where our trucks may be having problems. Clearly there is something mechanically wrong with your truck and that is the result of your low numbered run. Having known Mike Haller for a couple years now, I *highly* doubt he was at fault for your trucks lack of performance. Furthermore, to even insinuate that he somehow devised a plan to run your truck out of the 75 trucks he took on, at less than full output, to somehow stick it to you or because he was "scared".... is just plain ass stupid. You would have been leaps and bounds ahead to ask for some insight into your run, rather than trash, IMO one of our communities finest.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I just woke up and started to read this thread, so this is my opinion. I'm not a big fan of dynos some are good some are bad, I do believe in track times after to show what a truck really has. I have never done anything with Mike and his company but, I sure he is a stand up guy that isn't trying to screw people. Nate should have called me and talked to me, instead of getting on here and bashing. On Nate's behalf let me remind guys that when you spend a lot of money and you get disappointing results you get upset and vent. I wasn't there but I did get a video of it from another customer, I saw the brakes being hit to try to bring boost up and then nail the throttle. From what I have seen this tells me the dyno wasn't a loaded dyno, so numbers for 6.4, and 6.0 would be off. I by no means am putting blame on anyone, and it could have been a problem with the truck. I have seen Nate's truck hit 530 on a unloadeproblem. so even if this was a it unloaded dyno the numbers were off, so possibly a truck problem. So anyway it is what it is and no need to bash anyone over it, I was planning on going but truck wasn't fully ready, I was going to dyno and run the track to get results from both.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Fwiw my truck on hallers dyno spooled fine and blowing a boot at 3200 still made 807.