Mad turbo werks stage 4::: 700rwhp VGT turbo?

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I had to start a separate thread from other one, just because this turbo is one sick big VGT. I will keep updating the other post as stage 3, only info.

First of all sorry but no numbers yet. Truck was just put back together tonight, and took around for a test ride. I talked to Jonathan and do have some info. He told me it hard for him to judge by feel what this turbo can do, since he has trucks well into 1200rwhp. So he said it buries the speedo extremely fast, spool is fast, and pulls very hard.
Boost psi he saw was 55psi, blows a puff of smoke when first slam down the pedal, then turbo lites of in about 1 second or less, and hang on truck pulls extremely hard. After turbo lites off there is no smoke at all, Jonathan said he kept looking a rear view mirror and no smoke. He was surprized by this and so am I, he is running 285cc injectors.
He's going to set up a live tune and dyno this beast, I know you guys must think I'm full of crap but, I believe he will be in the 700rwhp mark(740-760).
That number will be fuel only,and one big VGT turbo, I will tell you guys more about the combination he's running as I get more info. I do know he has a stock intake manifold,regular stock exhaust manifold and y pipes and fully machined heads.

Believe me when I say that I'm as shocked at these two turbos(stage 3 & 4), I knew the flow was there but these two turbo are hitting new bench marks, I'm in total shock that I came up with these two turbos and the rest of my turbo line. None of this has really sunk in yet for me, I had the idea and started to build these turbos only 8 months ago stage 1-stage 4.
I have some other things I want to try to make all the turbos I have better, spooling, and power. Thanks to Jonathan for helping me.

Last edited:

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Cool to see something being done with vgt. The technology is awesome. In the case of most performance aspirations a lot of people looked at VGT and said too complicated, sucks, ditch it! Cool to see someone working WITH it. Can't wait to see those numbers!

09stroker

Reaction score
Not gonna lie inwas a bit skeptical at first but the numbers coming up lately don't lie. Keep it up man just more progress for us fellow ford guys.:fordoval:

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Not gonna lie inwas a bit skeptical at first but the numbers coming up lately don't lie. Keep it up man just more progress for us fellow ford guys.:fordoval:

That's ok I'm the one building these turbo and I'm skeptical. All this turbo stuff that I have been doing feels like a dream. I'm very happy things are working out, and it's helping the 6.0 powerstrokes.
If someone would have told me that a guy in his garage and alot of research could have come up with all this stuff I would have said your nuts.
I really can't explain the feeling I get when one of the turbos I built blasts big number, I knew it was possible due to the research, but it still makes me feel proud.
I'm not going to lie when we dyno'ed Nates truck with a prototype stage 3, and the first pull his truck blew the exhuast duct off. All I saw was how much air was being pumped out of the exhaust then bam hose blew off.
It was then when I asked Bill what boost did it hit before hose blew, I allmost fell over when he said 44psi. I knew right then that I actually did something that was going to get alot of attention and make 6.0 powerstroke very strong, strong enough to stay with any other diesel truck.
Sorry to keep going on it's just been a crazy time so far. I have built over 60 turbos out there and they are all doing well, that is also crazy.
Thanks everyone for the support.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
do you also mod the powermax?

Yes I can mod the powermax, I have done two so far and they like the low end and throttle response.
Now if you meant can I mod the powermax to a stage 4, yes I could but it would be more cost effective to sell the powermax and get a powerstroke core for me to build off of.
Hope to have some numbers on this stage 4 this weekend. The truck is being driven daily, still needs live tuned and then Jonanath, has plans on some track times, and pulling events.

sasquatch24

Reaction score
i went up to the shop today and drove jonathan's truck with this turbo. all i can say is WOW! pulled super hard, cleaned up almost all the fuel. and spooled very quick. never would i have thought a vgt turbo could run like that. still can use some more tuning to make it just right. i can not wait to get it on the dyno and see some numbers!

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The stage 3 has 700 hp in it, there is no doubt in my mind the 4 had 700+ with the right fueling. Nice work guys.

SootPowered

Reaction score
Chaulk me up for a stage ? How far you plan on taking these things man. The only reason I don't have one yet is because I'm waiting for the stage 10 to come out LOL..

windrunner408

Reaction score
Chaulk me up for a stage ? How far you plan on taking these things man. The only reason I don't have one yet is because I'm waiting for the stage 10 to come out LOL..

I would say that I think Adrian will probably top out at the Stage 4 but I am not about to make that claim as I have no idea how deep his rabbit hole of turbo tricks goes. LOL LOL LOL

Latest posts

Members online