MBRP exhaust and manual tranny

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
It doesn't fit does it?

GRR....

I have no cab on my truck and cannot get it to bolt on n any configuration that clears the crossmember. I called them and they said it's made for the auto tranny, not manual. It would have been nice if someone had told me!

Any tips?

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
I wish I knew this when I ordered. What other manufacturers make a 4" exhaust that will NOT have this problem?

There's no cab on the truck. I thought this would be easy.

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
I've never heard of one not fitting at the crossmember because manual vs auto but you could try a Diamond Eye DP and use the rest of the MBRP kit.

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
I dunno. I can't figure out any combination of systems that would allow this to fit. I need several inches because of the crossmember. MBRP recommends removing the crossmember bracket.

Attachments

• Picture 524.jpg
    Picture 524.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • Picture 525.jpg
    Picture 525.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 527.jpg
    Picture 527.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
S6218AL. MBRP says it's Automatic only. Unfortunately the vendor said nothing about it. I even looked on the vendor's website and it says nothing about it at all.

I'll call the vendor and talk to them. I've been waiting until today when I can get through.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
thats wierd...my MBRP was different then that and im pretty sure it was for an auto also...and a CC at that. My 3 inch DP was longer. as in the 3 inch part went past the tranny crossmember before it turns to 4 inch...

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
That's interesting. I would certianly prefer that setup. The biggest issue is that the downpipe can only fit without hitting the engine head or bellhousing in one small spot. That pushes the end of the downpipe very close to the frame rail, I assume to clear the 4x4 transfer cases. You can see how the 4" front pipe even has a slight 10 degree bend in it to bring it back towards the middle of the chassis. All that would fit fine if not for the crossmember.

MBRP says the auto trucks don't have the same crossmember and the piece that mine hits isn't there on the auto trucks so that's why it's auto only.

I still haven't heard from the vendor...

I could cut the downpipe and put a slight bend in to bring it closer to the tranny and straighten out the 4" front pipe to keep it all straight all the way back and it would fit just fine. I'm considering it but it frustrates me to have to do this.

pontiacross

Reaction score
what part of the bellhousing dose it hit on? I dont have that exhaust but on my pulling truck I had to cut the little tab that sticks out on the side of the bell off to clear my down pipe. it has been like that for about 4 years so I cant see where it hurt anything

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
That's an interesting idea. It doesn't hit, but if I brought it closer to where it would need to be to clear the crossmember, the bellhousing would interfere. I might look at that tab when I get home. It's in the third picture, that might give me an inch or two.

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
I did look over the tab. It would allow some rotation, but not enough to do anything helpful.

The vendor (DP Tuner) is taking it back and substituting a diamond eye SS exhaust. They think this will fit much better. Needless to say, I'm very happy with them and their service. They weren't aware that MBRP doesn't recommend this for manual trans. trucks. I think MBRP only recently started making this recommendation.

Anyway, they earned some more business from me.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I did look over the tab. It would allow some rotation, but not enough to do anything helpful.

The vendor (DP Tuner) is taking it back and substituting a diamond eye SS exhaust. They think this will fit much better. Needless to say, I'm very happy with them and their service. They weren't aware that MBRP doesn't recommend this for manual trans. trucks. I think MBRP only recently started making this recommendation.

Anyway, they earned some more business from me.

This is wierd. Cuz like I said before, my MBRP went on perfectly. And I have since taken it off to put in a clutch and put back on, without a issue. I wonder why you had so much trouble.

Anyway glad Dp is taken care of ya, and hopefully you have better luck with the Diamond Eye.

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
I didn't put it all the way together but the part I had the problem with seemed to fit better. I only went back to near the back of the cab, now the frame is bare and getting ready to be sandblasted.

It still doesn't seem to fit together the way I would bend it, but I've discovered there are a lot of different crossmembers for these trucks, so I imagine engineering this thing isn't the easiest job in the world.

Latest posts

Members online