Mechanically Injected 7.3 Trucks Info/Pictures

Reaction score
There are trucks @ 1700-1800 now. There is a Dmax with a Bosch standalone who is knocking on the door of 1800 up here in ISP. If they haven't cracked it already.

I guess it just depends on who you talk to. Nobody is claiming that power in ITPA. Dyno number is a dyno number. Doesn't mean a lot till it proves it in a chassis on the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Morgan I couldn't agree more, dyno's really are overated, not to mention how much time someone like you who has spent years with chassis, engines, and strategies. Was down in Lawrenceburg Tn last night talking to a good fellow that owns the Bare Bones Binder that was NTPA 9300 super farm points champ in 2013, Cranford couldn't even tell ya the power cause its never been dynoed, but it wins pulls.. Hopefully I can see that 6.4 of yours pull soon, you've got god knows how much time in that work of art!! This is good for us 7.3 guys even though the build cost is substantial with lots of Secret squirrel enginuity involved, make BIG POWA!!!

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
The truck literally got finished yesterday at 5:00 and we rolled into Eaton at 8:30 for the first hook. Backed it off the trailer, weighed it, and within 10 minutes had it hooked to the sled. Truck went 299.3' and spun out at the end. Very happy with it so far. Gonna tweak suspension stops and make a few other adjustments. Next pull is Marion County this coming Wednesday.

Here are a few pictures and a video from last night.

2bea34e8fafa5bb896222dc463312172.jpg

e2073d00b178638432b2b95c708b1412.jpg

https://vimeo.com/132045478

Another video link https://instagram.com/p/4eezUiPP6i/

Last edited:

imelmo

Reaction score
The truck literally got finished yesterday at 5:00 and we rolled into Eaton at 8:30 for the first hook. Backed it off the trailer, weighed it, and within 10 minutes had it hooked to the sled. Truck went 299.3' and spun out at the end. Very happy with it so far. Gonna tweak suspension stops and make a few other adjustments. Next pull is Marion County this coming Wednesday.

Here are a few pictures and a video from last night.

2bea34e8fafa5bb896222dc463312172.jpg

e2073d00b178638432b2b95c708b1412.jpg

https://vimeo.com/132045478

Another video link https://instagram.com/p/4eezUiPP6i/

Nice! That thing sounds bad-ass!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Impressive run for the first time out - it looked and sounded awesome on the video - it looks like its hooking relatively well out of the gate too! I can't wait to see this beast in person in the not so distant future.

CRANEMAN

Reaction score
Congrats you guys!! Sounds great!! We should be done soon..as well..good luck Wednesday

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Wasn't trying to criticize. Just figured it wasn't solid by the pics but yall have something right, it pulled good regardless.

Oh I don't take it as criticism at all. Very few people actually understand what we did with the suspension so they think that something may need changed, or that we need stops, etc. I appreciate the compliment on how it ran.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Oh I don't take it as criticism at all. Very few people actually understand what we did with the suspension so they think that something may need changed, or that we need stops, etc. I appreciate the compliment on how it ran.

I have to say I've never seen a pulling truck with this suspension set up, usually see them nose down till they hook at set level under load. Apparently this works with the first pull doing just shy of 300'...you have my intrest to see how it works out throughout the season