Mechanically Injected 7.3 Trucks Info/Pictures

Arisley

Reaction score
I love the way Hypermax does their stuff. I have their mounting kit for my turbo. The only thing I don't like about it is the oil return line, I think that could have been done a little nicer.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Best thread I've ever seen.

Just a dream for me tho.

Unless I hit the loto

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Here ya go Jason a couple pics of a stock 8 cylinder p7100.

Attachments

• 100_0347.jpg
    100_0347.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 280
  • 100_0349.jpg
    100_0349.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 267

Jeremy

Reaction score
Here ya go Jason a couple pics of a stock 8 cylinder p7100.

That pump is off a Mack E9 998ci V8 motor. It was offered first with a V8 injection pump, then later offered with the Inline 8. I think the last year that engine was offered in North American Trucks was 1998.

IDP

Reaction score
Here's some of my stuff.
IMG_20120623_124247.jpg 8.3 Cummins injectors

IMG_20120628_173325.jpg P3000 with Rsv/AG governor

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I think it would be awesome to see a DD mech inj. 7.3.

I feel like even though it is geared for all out performance that it could set up to push about 600 HP and just be a head turner.

Am i wrong ?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Plenty of Mechanical 7.3s out there as this thread is proof. As well as a few new ones being built right now. Cept theres one problem. That I know of its 100% sled pulling. I would like to see a Drag truck with one in it. Look at the Schied rail, and the many other record setting Cummins drag trucks. The motors in them are basically if not totaly sled pulling motors. I know it would be possible to tune down a pump and make a good turbo setup for a daily driven one. Someone just needs to do it. lol If I hit the loto I will.

Dont think this truck has been posted yet. Hypermax built. No motor pics though that I have found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gybmBSSOk1c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzkDXQIpBD8&feature=related

JD3020

Reaction score
12v's do it.... I'm sure a 7.3 could as well

sent from somewhere in the country

7.3 should be able to do it better than a 12v as you have more cubes to help spool a larger charger.

But i doubt it'll ever happen as thats a LOT of $$$$$$$$'s just to build a street truck.

I do wish though that somebody would pony up and get a mech 7.3 on the strip and see what it does.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Inline six diesel engines have been around a long time and proven in the on-road trucking industry as well as off-road. A p-pumped 12 valve Cummins is hard to beat. Specially since thats what it came from the factory with. I believe that if the 7.3 V8 Powerstroke came from the factory in the early and mid 90's, mechanically injected, that things would obviously be alot different today. Might not have even went to HEUI, but straight to common rail with the introduction of stricter emission requirements. The 6.0 plauge may have never happened to International and Ford. And the sled pulling industry wouldn't be dominated by pump-line-nozzle fueled Cummins. And mech. 7.3 parts and builds wouldnt cost a fortune. Just my theory.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
At least in the tractor pulling world the V-8s don't do well against inline 6 diesels unless you can run a big turbo. Locally in a 3" turbo class, a guy changed from a V-8 Cat to a 8.9 (yes 8.9, not 8.3) Cummins block and picked up several hundred lb. ft of torque.

PDT1081

Reaction score
At least in the tractor pulling world the V-8s don't do well against inline 6 diesels unless you can run a big turbo. Locally in a 3" turbo class, a guy changed from a V-8 Cat to a 8.9 (yes 8.9, not 8.3) Cummins block and picked up several hundred lb. ft of torque.

NTPA just outlawed V8's in the Light Super Stock class. Basically because they run better every year and 6 cylinder guys started getting scared.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
NTPA just outlawed V8's in the Light Super Stock class. Basically because they run better every year and 6 cylinder guys started getting scared.

Yep if you get them in a big turbo or multi turbo class like that they are tough. They just don't do well in a small single charger class.

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Pro-Stock Tractor called "Warpath" thing you see is most guys in the tractor world are brand/Color Loyal

Latest posts

Members online