MFDES

Gearhead

Reaction score
My trucks wicked choppy and not even clean.. what could cause everything to be too high?

not sure honestly..... those tunes are pretty well sorted out but every truck is different. Check the basic stuff first like oil in the ICP sensor connector etc.

Reaction score
Ok I will, i'm going to try to do a bunch of testing this weekend and I have another truck and i'm going to try swapping things if anything seems suspect, hopefully I find something, thanks.

golfer

Reaction score
see lots of issues with non Ford/Motorcraft UVC gaskets, UVC wiring...and non FoMoCo cam sensors..

not sure if you changed any factory chit with aftermarket parts when you did the upgrade...

bigfords

Reaction score
Your ICP seems high. My truck idles very choppy at 750 psi, and idles much smoother at 500 psi or so. This is with 100% nozzles though...

Reaction score
What could cause such high ICP? a faulty IPR not letting enough oil bypass? my UVCH's are the originals that were on the truck, and the cam position sensor is the recall unit from 03ish, I had a new CPS I got from ford (where I work) but that one failed so I installed the old one that I had replaced just because I got a free CPS. Thanks for the input with this everyone.

Gearhead

Reaction score
If the injectors need a little more pw down low than what they are tuned for, the MFDES will be high and thus the ICP.

Reaction score
I replaced the ICP sensor with an old sensor that I had the same scenario for replacement the CPS, nothing changed, wasn't able to do anything else
This weekend but hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.