Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ

fine69

Reaction score
Anybody running the Baja MTZ? How do they holdup mileage wise? How noisy are they on the road? Trying to decide on which tire to go with my new BMF's.

OBS F350

Reaction score
Anybody running the Baja MTZ? How do they holdup mileage wise? How noisy are they on the road? Trying to decide on which tire to go with my new BMF's.

Ran them on my f350, they were by far the best tire I've ever ran for snow. Did pretty good offroad in sand/mud too (the few times I did have it offroad). They had a little hum at highway, but no worse then any other m/t tire, but I truthfully wouldn't have even noticed if I had boggers on that truck on the highway, I'm sure the motor noise would have still drowned it out xD. Mine lasted 15k before I sold them to a guy and went bigger, he had them on his Duramax for another 10k sled pulling all the time with them on weekends. He never had any complaints. I would say they are good for at least 20-30k miles.

I say go for it, I think they are one of the best looking tires out there also. And like I said if you drive much in the snow they are phenomenal. I could go up the steepest hills in town covered in 2+ inches of snow in 2wd with no weight in the bed. Whatever you decide to go with post some pictures up if you can!

sootie

Reaction score
lotsa tread, awesome in snow. noisy as f*ck. they look awesome and get reasonable tread life.

white07psd

Reaction score
but I truthfully wouldn't have even noticed if I had boggers on that truck on the highway, I'm sure the motor noise would have still drowned it out xD.

I couldn't hear my 6" stack in my regular cab 6.0 when i had boggers.

sent from the stool.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I had a set on my F-150 that I really liked, I sold the truck with with them on there and I had 60K on them and I know they new owner ran them for quite a while after that. I know have a used set of ATZs on my truck now and they seem pretty good. My MTZ's i thought were pretty quite for a mud tire but I had long tubes on my 150 and muffler that you could look right though so it wasn't the quietest of trucks

Petro

Reaction score
I love mine, my truck is an animal in the snow and just as good in mud. In very impressed with how quiet they are, much quieter that my hankook dynapro tires. They also have a great life span, mine still look great with 20k miles.

Latest posts

Members online