Mid-Injector Swap Questions

sniper_101

Reaction score
How many miles have you put down? It will idle better when the air gets out of the heads...believe me it takes a little while.

You should be running better then that though even with air in the lines...who's your tuner? I would talk to them because something aint right. Those sticks should light that charger quick!

Hell in my hot tune with Cale's tunes, stock sticks, and mods in sig it doesn't take anything to light mine and hold it at 28psi all the way through the gears.

I had my 6-pos reburned by Beans as well. I'll email and leave a message in their forum.

I've put about 100'ish miles on them so far, and drove it harder in those 100 miles to work out the air than I did all last year.

Pretty disappointed right now.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
tuning isnt one of them things that happen perfectly every time the first time. sometimes ppl get lucky, but thats the exception, not the rule, as every truck is different, even if two trucks had the same identical mods.

that bein said, put it in your hottest tune, and drive it like you stole it. abuse your truck for a bit. make sure you got all the air out.

can you data log? like with ae or something? if so, do that and send that to beans when he does your reburn. dont just give up on a tuner cuz he didnt get it right the first time. work with him on your issues, they will take care of you.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
tuning isnt one of them things that happen perfectly every time the first time. sometimes ppl get lucky, but thats the exception, not the rule, as every truck is different, even if two trucks had the same identical mods.

that bein said, put it in your hottest tune, and drive it like you stole it. abuse your truck for a bit. make sure you got all the air out.

can you data log? like with ae or something? if so, do that and send that to beans when he does your reburn. dont just give up on a tuner cuz he didnt get it right the first time. work with him on your issues, they will take care of you.

:whs: me and jonathan sent 8 chips back and forth before i finally said piss on it and drove my truck to TN and had it live tuned... just hang in there they'll take care of you.... they are busy as hell all the time so be patient... TRY to drive it in the tunes that run the best until you can get it figured out.... also jonathans tunes don't smoke a lot unless you ask for it...... LOVE my bdp tunes

sniper_101

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this gives me a little more confidence it'll straighten out. I have no doubt they (BDP) know their stuff, it just makes things a PITA when shipping something as small as a chip takes 1 1/2 weeks and costs $45. I don't have AE unfortunately. If I had the money to spare I'd have it.

Will post up a quick video in a few minutes.

sniper_101

Reaction score
What cost 45$?

Shipping the chip.

-------------

Quick video. Idle with less lope = Econo and Stock tunes, which are the ones that make less than 5lbs of boost max.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPitF0fkuU0

Edit - Also, EGT's are lower than before. Not sure if a good or bad sign, but under the same conditions the EGT's are between 25-75* lower under load.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Usps if it fits it ships. The box I use cost 5$ and I think the insurance u can add is bout that much. I think its 3-4 day shipping.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Get the new chip back yet?

No, called Beans and we're gonna get it figured out though. When they get some spare chips in, he'll reburn and send one to me to see if it corrects the issues and send mine in. Was a great guy to talk to and seemed more than happy to help.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
No, called Beans and we're gonna get it figured out though. When they get some spare chips in, he'll reburn and send one to me to see if it corrects the issues and send mine in. Was a great guy to talk to and seemed more than happy to help.

Good luck, hopefully he can get her fingered out...I've seen that happen once before with his tuning, so don't feel like you're the only one, I'm glad he'll work with ya. I pulled the trigger and ordered a whole bunch of parts including my new sticks...can't wait to get em in :D

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Please tell me you ended up buying or borrowing a torque wrench to torque the injector bolts properly??

If not, just snugging them up WILL result in them coming loose and causing massive problems for you.

The copper crush washer on the bottom of the injectors is a CRUSH washer and must be crushed with the proper torque. Too little and it won't seal, injector(s) will loosen and cause issues.
Crush with too much torque and you can 'squeeze it out' and result in same problems.

And as for the different color clips on the solenoids, the blue one is the AE and should have gone in the Driver's side rear.
Unless the AE was changed internally to a AD, then you should have been told that by your injector builder, or maybe the AE on top was etched out.
???

sniper_101

Reaction score
Get your tuning issue figured out? How do you like the newfound power with the stage 1s?

Been a bit busy to call Jonathan back to update, but it's driveable in mean time (just lopey and touchy) so I'm not going to rush them for anything.

Power is pretty schweet compared to what it was. Mainly the lower EGT's and the same, if not improved fuel economy, love that. Turbo will light completely at 1500rpm now, which is a lot better, and it's far more rev-happy which is great when I need to wind out the engine for towing/accelerating hard. Only downfall is it's even more noisy lol, but I don't mind, it quiets down under boost.

Do hate one thing . . . I can't keep my foot out of it, and I want a 38R now lol. Really glad I stepped up to Stage 1's. Will update when some tuning progress is made. If they were closer I'd opt for a live/dyno tune.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Awesome...eh screw the 38r, get an s366 LOL

I'm trying work out some time to get my new exhaust housing on, hopefully it will help with egts and not affect the boost too terribly much.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Thinking about a SRP1 now to really take advantage of the new injectors . . . from what I understand it would compliment them nicely (and a RR, turbo, haha).

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
SRP1 is a very good pump...I love mine and they will handle stage1s no problem. Next on my list is rr...then the motor is coming out to get some new rods and a cam...then to the bigger build!

KPSquared

Reaction score
tuning issues are the reason I went with the DP f6... Living in Canada, it gets WAY to expensive to ship chips back and forth. Now I can just get and email and re-burn on my own. Hope you get it figured.

BTW, its not that hard to find a proper torque wrench... I'd find one and double check. Jim is an injector builder... He knows what's up...

Latest posts

Members online