Mini maxx for 2015s?

Jerrybizzle

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...=mini+maxx&dpPl=1&dpID=51K6OkZ2rUL&ref=plSrch
Is this even possible? Didn't think they worked with 15s? I emailed the seller and this was their response.

Hi there, we actually have specific mapping and programming for the 2015 Ford. Hence why we have a specific listing for a 2015 model. We wouldn't sell a product we didn't have. Thanks for your inquiry

Are they full of it or did I learn something new today?

Jerrybizzle

Reaction score
Here's my conversation with the seller.
I'm not looking to buy this, just happened to see it and was curious.
Read from the bottom.
Item: H&S Mini Maxx for 2015 Ford 6.7L Powerstroke F250 F350 [ASIN: B01M9I0SN2]

------------- Begin message -------------

I appreciate your concern. However, we would not be selling an item that we didn't know worked, have tested, and have confidence in. The original Mini Maxx didn't work on newer Fords at all until the SD card was updated and the unit unlocked to work on 2011+. We have had the 2015 units going for about 8-9 months now and sold plenty with no issue.

I'm not here to argue the differences in the truck years. The engine is the same - a 6.7l powerstroke. Without getting into specifics, the core of the truck is the same. It's a different mapping (tune) which controls the ECM, which controls how the engine operates. We could take any old Mini Maxx and unlock/update the SD card to work on the 2015 as well. While the 16 is also similar, the ECM controls are slightly different, so we do not have the ability to tune 2016 at this time. Might be something down the road.

Thank you.

==
Did this solve your problem?

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A33FUNFY7DH3J8&k=hy&ref_=bsm_hmdyes_pt

If no, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A33FUNFY7DH3J8&k=hn&ref_=bsm_hmdno_pt

(We will share this feedback with the seller to help them improve their service in the future.)

[commMgrHmdToken:A12NCU4AO66BBE]
--- Original message ---

Umm yeah. The 15-16 are nearly identical. 14 and 15 have completely different turbos. They changed in 15. 11-14 model years are nearly mechanically identical. 15 is completely different. May want to check as I've never heard of mini maxx's running on 15s. Just trying to prevent you from getting returns on any you sell. If it's a hacked bully dog it may work. But not a mini maxx.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2016, at 11:07 AM, MoreDieselHP - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

It's not MCC unlocked - it's the same tunes (Stock, tow, street, performance + *** disabled versions) and it's written for the 2015 model year. It does not work on 2016 at this time. They work perfectly just as they do on the 2014 - engine is the same, just slightly different programming.

--- Original message ---

So you have the tuner mcc unlocked with custom tunes written for the 2015-16 6.7s? Interesting. This would be the first I've ever heard of this.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2016, at 9:25 AM, MoreDieselHP - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

Hi there, we actually have specific mapping and programming for the 2015 Ford. Hence why we have a specific listing for a 2015 model. We wouldn't sell a product we didn't have. Thanks for your inquiry

Original Message
Sent: December 7, 2016 7:50 AM
To: [e-mail address removed]

You're selling a mini maxx that states it will work for a 2015 ford 6.7. It will not. May want to change your description. Only 11-14 6.7s are supported.

Jerry

------------- End message -------------

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's my conversation with the seller.
I'm not looking to buy this, just happened to see it and was curious.
Read from the bottom.

I appreciate your concern. However, we would not be selling an item that we didn't know worked, have tested, and have confidence in. The original Mini Maxx didn't work on newer Fords at all until the SD card was updated and the unit unlocked to work on 2011+. We have had the 2015 units going for about 8-9 months now and sold plenty with no issue.

I'm not here to argue the differences in the truck years. The engine is the same - a 6.7l powerstroke. Without getting into specifics, the core of the truck is the same. It's a different mapping (tune) which controls the ECM, which controls how the engine operates. We could take any old Mini Maxx and unlock/update the SD card to work on the 2015 as well. While the 16 is also similar, the ECM controls are slightly different, so we do not have the ability to tune 2016 at this time. Might be something down the road.

Thank you.

==
Did this solve your problem?

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A33FUNFY7DH3J8&k=hy&ref_=bsm_hmdyes_pt

If no, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A33FUNFY7DH3J8&k=hn&ref_=bsm_hmdno_pt

(We will share this feedback with the seller to help them improve their service in the future.)

[commMgrHmdToken:A12NCU4AO66BBE]
--- Original message ---

Umm yeah. The 15-16 are nearly identical. 14 and 15 have completely different turbos. They changed in 15. 11-14 model years are nearly mechanically identical. 15 is completely different. May want to check as I've never heard of mini maxx's running on 15s. Just trying to prevent you from getting returns on any you sell. If it's a hacked bully dog it may work. But not a mini maxx.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2016, at 11:07 AM, MoreDieselHP - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

It's not MCC unlocked - it's the same tunes (Stock, tow, street, performance + *** disabled versions) and it's written for the 2015 model year. It does not work on 2016 at this time. They work perfectly just as they do on the 2014 - engine is the same, just slightly different programming.

--- Original message ---

So you have the tuner mcc unlocked with custom tunes written for the 2015-16 6.7s? Interesting. This would be the first I've ever heard of this.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2016, at 9:25 AM, MoreDieselHP - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

Original Message
Sent: December 7, 2016 7:50 AM
To: [e-mail address removed]

You're selling a mini maxx that states it will work for a 2015 ford 6.7. It will not. May want to change your description. Only 11-14 6.7s are supported.

Jerry

------------- End message -------------

so .. please show the seller name so we can have a laugh. there is a small group that hacked the apex software , and can hack a bullydog to work on a 15 , but it's not shift on the fly and the tunes leave a ton to be desired. i didn't know they were still selling this junk , but for so many other options out there why would anyone risk or bother with this junk ?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Click the link in my first post. I too was shocked. Didn't think they were compatible with the 15s software.

got it. yeah i'm sure they are the hacked apex units . total waste when you can get WAY better tuning for cheaper , and WAY better tuning for more with switch on the fly . its defintely NOT a minimaxx in any way , shape , or form .

Bruski

Reaction score
So. What are people using for tuners in 2015s the sct? Recently got a 6.7 and wanted to plan to tune down the road

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
So. What are people using for tuners in 2015s the sct? Recently got a 6.7 and wanted to plan to tune down the road

SCT X4 or Livewire. $partan ngauge, nDash or EZ Link. Gorilla Diesel EZ Link, PPEI EZ Link. We have them all in stock! Call us when you are ready

Bruski

Reaction score
10-4. I'm prolly going to go with the ezlink when it comes time. . Do these leave a foot print. Or can I remove if I have to take truck into dealer ?

Reaction score
got it. yeah i'm sure they are the hacked apex units . total waste when you can get WAY better tuning for cheaper , and WAY better tuning for more with switch on the fly . its defintely NOT a minimaxx in any way , shape , or form .

Since it's Canadian can we call it the Maple Leaf 300 tune? Since they probably make as much power as a '17 with the Tequila 300hp tune. LOL

Latest posts

Members online