mini maxx gear change

Oh-ate6.4PSD

Reaction score
I got 40s on my truck and im gettin ready to swap in some 4.88s. Can i change gear ratio with my MM? I havnt seen the option. Can this be done with custom tunes?

lazlow

Reaction score
Should be able to just adjust tire size setting until you get a mph that is correct by using gps to verify. No way to specifically adjust based off of gearing as far as i know.

footlong70

Reaction score
Gear changes don't affect the speedo in superduties. The speedo uses the "tone ring" inside the rear end, not the transmission to determine speed. Therefore gearing will never affect the rate at which the tone ring/axle shafts spin. The engine to the pinion will be affected by gearing, but nothing past it. Just tire size will change it.
That is why it is not an option on the tuners for superduties. So your good to go.

yfz rock

Reaction score
I got 40s on my truck and im gettin ready to swap in some 4.88s. Can i change gear ratio with my MM? I havnt seen the option. Can this be done with custom tunes?

I have 40s as well I wanted to know what made you pick 4.88s over say 4.56s I want to chage gears but would I still be ok on the free way at 70mph not with 4.88s not too high in the Rs

Oh-ate6.4PSD

Reaction score
Footlong, i knew about the tone ring in there but didnt know what its purpose was.
yfz, i used the gear change chart from pirate 4x4. You can put in each trans gear, t case, and rearend ratio. I forgot what the exact rpm was when i done it but. You can do multiple speeds and multiple ratios at the same time. 4.88 looked good to me.

Latest posts

Members online