Mini Maxx Problem

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
And yes, that purple wire is the most convenient key-on source on a 6.4 IMO. I like to use a butt splice connector and put it and the trigger wire on the same side of the connector. That way I have an open port on the other end of the connector to wire up a radar detector or some other key-on electronic doodad :D

FWIW, on the later model minis, the trigger wire they use has a completely molded sheath. It's a pain to strip cleanly vs. their old style, so I always just hook it up as-is and tie up the excess.

Gunnnin

Reaction score

I had the exact same problem when I got my mini maxx. New hdmi cable and obd2 block fixed mine so Im sure that they will fix your issues quite well. I was impatient like you with waiting for slow shipping however in the end it will be well worth it. I love my mini maxx on my truck.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
I had HDMI cable from H&S cutting in and out, replaced with cable from BlendMount and has worked good for a month, had a really cold night the other night and the unit randomly restarted like the last bad cable again, but we will see if it comes back or gets worse again.

tensixniner

Reaction score
None of them do. The hdmi cable and OBDII block aren't one piece. The HDMI cable plugs into the block.

Interesting.
Does your cable exit straight out or at a 90* angle?

My cables are one piece and straight. Can't leave it plugged in because I'm constantly bumping it with my leg.

Scottbigred

Reaction score
Interesting.
Does your cable exit straight out or at a 90* angle?

My cables are one piece and straight. Can't leave it plugged in because I'm constantly bumping it with my leg.

Unbolt the OBDII port and zip tip it up under the dash in a place where you can still access it.

Reaction score
Well got the new ob2 block and hdmi cable and the mini maxx is installed. My new question is is what value is the icp in? Im thinking its measured by the thousand. I just changed the fuel filters while the truck was down and its showing 4.8 at idle it seems low but not sure any thoughts?

Reaction score
Thats kinda what i thought so 4.8 is 4800psi which is low at idle correct? i havnt checked a stabbed run yet but i will at lunch.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Thats kinda what i thought so 4.8 is 4800psi which is low at idle correct? i havnt checked a stabbed run yet but i will at lunch.

Thats what all the 6.4 including mine that I have installed them on read. But I believe desired pressure at idle is 5k but like I said all the ones I have seen only read 4.8k. This could be due to pumps weakening over time or just the way the data is being displayed through conversion.

Latest posts

Members online