MiniMaxx Help!

stevens6.7

Reaction score
This morning I got in my truck and the hill decent and traction control lights are flashing on my display. As soon as I pull the MM off the HDMI cord it stops. Truck was fine last night as this just happened this morning. I'm thinking it's the HDMI cord ( have it running across where I removed one of the cig. lighter near the Aux switch panel) but could the tuner be bad? I dropped the tuner from about 2 ft up a few days ago for what it's worth. Also got the SES code. Any insight on this is much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1914.JPG
    IMG_1914.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 59

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Let me add that I removed the tuner from the truck every night as I don't want it to get stolen if the truck would be broken into. Not sure if that matters or not.

Jerrybizzle

Reaction score
You tried clearing codes and reloading the tune?

As for the mount, I ran mine up through the panel next to the driver door and used the window mount. Wire is hidden well and if you don't want to run with the tuner plugged in the wire can be fully tucked in the panel and be totally hidden. It pops off real easy.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
You tried clearing codes and reloading the tune?

As for the mount, I ran mine up through the panel next to the driver door and used the window mount. Wire is hidden well and if you don't want to run with the tuner plugged in the wire can be fully tucked in the panel and be totally hidden. It pops off real easy.

I did clear the codes but haven't drove the truck yet since then. I will try reloading the tunes to see if that helps. I don't mind where I have mine mounted I just pull it out every night cause I'm paranoid about the tuner possibly getting stolen lol!

Also is it safe to run the truck without the tuner plugged in even though I'm fully ******d?

Jerrybizzle

Reaction score
Yes. The tune will stay loaded. If you leave it on a tune other than stock power I read that it will go back to stock power level after 3 or so times of turning the engine off and on. I have left mine unplugged for a week at a time without issue. I don't mind running stock power level. I run on mild when it's plugged in. Kind of worried about the theft as you are. With the long box mine doesn't fit in the garage.
And my stock exhaust fell off when I put the mini maxx on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Yes. The tune will stay loaded. If you leave it on a tune other than stock power I read that it will go back to stock power level after 3 or so times of turning the engine off and on. I have left mine unplugged for a week at a time without issue. I don't mind running stock power level. I run on mild when it's plugged in. Kind of worried about the theft as you are. With the long box mine doesn't fit in the garage.
And my stock exhaust fell off when I put the mini maxx on.

That's what I was hoping to hear. If reloading the tunes doesn't work it might be longer than a week lol. Yeah I usually run mine on the performance setting all the time but still drive it mild manner most of the time. So stock power isn't terrible. Yeah I don't know many garages that will fit even a short box let alone a long box.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I reloaded the tunes and just the few times I drove it ( running errands) the problem has not returned. I did notice it does have some connection issues and that might be from me constantly pulling out of the truck. So I put some Velcro to keep it in place so it wouldn't move.

Edit: Post #9 in this thread shows my mount for anyone curious.
http://www.powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65418

Last edited:

Jerrybizzle

Reaction score
Looks like a good spot if you don't need to monitor gauges as you have pillar gauges.
If you still have issues you can reset the batteries, unplug them for a bit, then plug them back in.
When I first loaded my mini maxx with d p f on tunes it acted wacky as hell and the truck wouldn't start. I was pissed as I just spent a pretty penny on the tuner. The battery reset ended up working for me for whatever reason. Since loading d p F off tunes I haven't had any issues.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Looks like a good spot if you don't need to monitor gauges as you have pillar gauges.
If you still have issues you can reset the batteries, unplug them for a bit, then plug them back in.
When I first loaded my mini maxx with d p f on tunes it acted wacky as hell and the truck wouldn't start. I was pissed as I just spent a pretty penny on the tuner. The battery reset ended up working for me for whatever reason. Since loading d p F off tunes I haven't had any issues.

I'll keep that in mind if I have anymore issues! Thanks man!

i would replace the hdmi cable.

I did that before I reloaded the tunes and it still didn't help. Or are you referencing to the connection issue?

Latest posts

Members online