Minimum Lift for 37s and 22x14s?

SandroLakeandBay

Reaction score
Seriously considering a 2011+ SD.

I just want to get some info on minimum lift for some 22x14s and 37s. Let's say Forces and Toyos/Fuel Mud Grippers. I DO NOT WANT TO TRIM. If I have to do some extremely light trimming, so be it.

Any specific lift brands that are good?
I do not do ANY off-roading (except getting my quad to its riding spot) and its pavement princess. I tow a flats boat and 33 foot offshore center console.

just want to know what kind of money I'll be spending on asthetics after I make a $35,000+ investment.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
From what I've seen 8" at least and you'll probably do some heavy trimming there.

PDP

Reaction score
I had a 4 1/2 on my 11 and just had to do light trimming with 37 inch Toyos and Fuel Wheels. I would think 6 would be perfect.

XtrmDzl89

Reaction score
I'm running 8" fabtech lift with 22x14 wheels and 37x13.50 toyos. I had to trim very little on the front bumper brackets. But if you hit the right bump while turning at full lock, it'll scrub. So I'd say 10" lift to be safe and absolutely no trimming

XtrmDzl89

Reaction score
Oh and I have the 2wd bumper valance, but still had to trim it some. Also have heard of people spacing the bumper forward for more clearance

getstroked27

Reaction score
Yup. nailed it. no trimming you will have to run a 10" setup. i have an 8" setup with 35's and 22x14's and i clear great LOL. But, I had 37's before and i could get them to run with 10" wide wheels at full flex.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
10" to not trim. I'm gonna be running 8" on 14 wide forces on 37s, till I bump up to 12", STMW and 40s next year. But my bumper is spaced so it'll be clear for most part.

SandroLakeandBay

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I appreciate the reponses!

One more question for those who know. Could I be able to stick a Fabtech 2" leveling kit under/on top of the 8inch lift? I wouldn't mind the rake.

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I appreciate the reponses!

One more question for those who know. Could I be able to stick a Fabtech 2" leveling kit under/on top of the 8inch lift? I wouldn't mind the rake.

The answer to your question is yes you can put a spacer on the lift. The problem is that it will mess up all your angles and cause the truck to drive and steer poorly.

SandroLakeandBay

Reaction score
Thank you Josh. I appreciate the response, again.

Wow so 10inch of lift. Jesus.
Are they any lifts you would recommend for me? Note: I don't do any off-roading. I just want the look and stance with a beefier tire.

38x15.50r22 would fit under 10inches correct? I got quoted $2250 for all four tires shipped. So that's a deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Lots of people run stretched lifts, but you can definitely tell the difference when a lift is stretched and when it's not.

Fabtech is a simple 10"

getstroked27

Reaction score
I am a fan of FTS (full throttle suspension) for bigger kits. they do a good job on their stuff and have a lot of customizable options at a decent price. i would shy away from "cheap" stuff going with something that big.

SandroLakeandBay

Reaction score
Yeah that is a little to big imo for a daily driven 250. I'll just end up a) getting 22x12 on an 8inch. b)22x14 with the 8inch and spacing the bumper a little.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.