Mishimoto radiator results

97stoker350

Reaction score
Post em up, what your experience has been with the mishimoto, as far as quality of the rad and customer service... Who did u buy from and what has service been like with them. I understand there is a V2 mishi out now that's supposed to be better? Thanks guys

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
cant speak for everyone, but we do carry the mishimoto radiators, we have had a few trucks that had issues with the V1, but mishimoto after sending them some information replaced the unit no problem. haven't seen issues in our shop yet relating to the v2s

6.4f350

Reaction score
Garbage. Went through 3 in 15,000 miles. My OEM radiator lasted 130,000 miles with no issue. Went back to another OEM after my Mishimoto experience and have had no issues since.

A solid piece of aluminum that mounts to the cab on one side and the frame on the other is a terrible idea, I don't care how new your cab mounts are. There's a reason Ford uses plastic end tanks.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Garbage. Went through 3 in 15,000 miles. My OEM radiator lasted 130,000 miles with no issue. Went back to another OEM after my Mishimoto experience and have had no issues since.

A solid piece of aluminum that mounts to the cab on one side and the frame on the other is a terrible idea, I don't care how new your cab mounts are. There's a reason Ford uses plastic end tanks.

Old style Mishi's or new V2's?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we started stocking them once the V2 came out, we haven't had a failure yet !

6.4f350

Reaction score
Old style Mishi's or new V2's?

The old ones. They wanted me to take 2 days and drive my truck to them so they could "test" the new style. That pissed me off more than having to change 3 radiators. It also took several months to get my money back from them. They can blow me as far as I'm concerned.

Bigfatrat

Reaction score
The old ones. They wanted me to take 2 days and drive my truck to them so they could "test" the new style. That pissed me off more than having to change 3 radiators. It also took several months to get my money back from them. They can blow me as far as I'm concerned.

Same here. My truck has been in the shop almost a month with no end in sight. They are dragging their feet on fulfilling the warranty. Radiator had 8k miles on it when it started leaking. POS.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hmmmm? How are some guys doing fine and others having tons of issues?

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
So the new V2s are good just not the old ones?

only some v1 had issues, and a lot of people who had issues voiced there opinion on forums, like everything else negative, but in short yes the v2 are good "updated" units. when you pull the trigger either it be with us or another vendor you will be happy with the quality and performance.

Bigfatrat

Reaction score
only some v1 had issues, and a lot of people who had issues voiced there opinion on forums, like everything else negative, but in short yes the v2 are good "updated" units. when you pull the trigger either it be with us or another vendor you will be happy with the quality and performance.
That's very possible and I hope it's true, but IF there is an issue, be prepared to wait. I'll post when my new non leaking radiator comes in. April 3rd will be one month. When did the v2 come out? Mine was installed less than a year ago.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
cant speak for everyone, but we do carry the mishimoto radiators, we have had a few trucks that had issues with the V1, but mishimoto after sending them some information replaced the unit no problem. haven't seen issues in our shop yet relating to the v2s
have installed and sold multiple mishi units with no issues, all v2.

we started stocking them once the V2 came out, we haven't had a failure yet !

Thanks for the feedback guys! Great to hear.

Sorry to hear you had a very poor experience with our v1 radiator design. As others have noted, we have enhanced our radiator design with a stronger core as well as an improved isolation system for the mounting points. So far our V2 design is working out quite well. We have not stopped inspecting these trucks and working on ways to further improve our aluminum radiator design.

Our V1 design worked well for many folks, however we still had customers experiencing frequent failures even after switching to our radiator. It is likely we asked you to bring the truck in so that we could inspect it to provide reasoning as to why you were experiencing the issue. We asked a few local 6.4L owners to help us out with this. In the end, we purchased a 6.4L with a reputation for failing radiators (both stock and our aluminum unit) in order to further research the issue.

Again, I apologize for the poor experience you had with our radiator and customer service.

How hard is it to change the rads?

The task is easily achievable if you set aside a day to knock it out. Check out our installation video below for details on the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agv_k_rBbIE&feature=youtu.be

Same here. My truck has been in the shop almost a month with no end in sight. They are dragging their feet on fulfilling the warranty. Radiator had 8k miles on it when it started leaking. POS.

That's very possible and I hope it's true, but IF there is an issue, be prepared to wait. I'll post when my new non leaking radiator comes in. April 3rd will be one month. When did the v2 come out? Mine was installed less than a year ago.

Strange, the wait should not be this long. Reaching out shortly for some further information. I should be able to assist with the process.

Hmmmm? How are some guys doing fine and others having tons of issues?

Exactly! We have been researching this for quite some time. It seems some trucks are more susceptible to chassis flex than others. Driving conditions will also play a role in how much flex the radiator support sees. We are still inspecting the chassis flex issue with this truck in order to provide a remedy for those still seeing radiator failures.

I just put a V2 in last week. Hoping it stays strong!

Thanks!

-John

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.