mishimoto vs alradco?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Got a mishi since they came out. No issues.

Oem can last that long??? Maybe if you don't drive the truck lol.
I wouldn't pay 600-1000 for an oem piece of **** rad...that's just my opinion of course

Got an OEM since they came out. No issues. :D

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I've got an alradco IC and fitment is perfect and Peter is an awesome dude. Whenever my stock radiator fails I'll be going with alradco

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Lucky!! Lol

I've been told I lead a charmed life...

Never cracked a dash in any of my Dodges... Never had to do so much as a single ball joint in any of them. Ok, that's a lie, one of them needed an upper ball joint at 65k, so I sold the truck. Not even kidding. I took plenty of them to 200k and beyond on the original front end.

I've never trashed an automatic transmission in my life.

Never blown a head gasket on any of my 6.0's or 6.4's. I leave the EGR coolers functional and intact on all my 6.4's.

I've never been one to fix stuff that isn't broken, and when something lasts me 200k+ trouble-free miles? I tend to replace it with the same exact part that came off of it.

YMMV

johnp115

Reaction score
Do not buy mishimoto. They won't stand behind the lifetime warranty in my case and honestly now with other stories it seems like a replacement that I get will end up leaking. Mine lasted not even a year.

6.4f350

Reaction score
Went through 3 Mishimoto's and now have an OEM Ford radiator to go back in the truck. I would never put a solid aluminum radiator in one of these trucks again due to the mounting, but if you insist on it I would avoid Mishimoto's product.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
My mishimoto started leaking in about a week. The warranty process blows but they did take care of me, will see how it goes with there v2 radiator.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Pro and con's of these 2 radiators.. I attempted to search but this stupid tablet would not even pull up the search option.. This would be used with OEM hoses.. Any info/help on these would be greatly appreciated.

We’d be happy to answer any questions about our 6.4L radiator. As noted below, we recently released our V2 radiator design and have had even greater success than our initial design. Our radiator features double the fluid capacity of the stock radiator and utilizes a highly efficient core design. This component is completely direct-fit and bolts into position just like the stock unit.

Let us know if we can answer any specific questions about our 6.4L radiator!
Thanks

Mishimoto has revised there's and it is certainly better now. This revision really was to compensate for issues some trucks have, causing their design to fail.
With that being said, I will still go Alradco for the next customer and our personal trucks

Yes, we’ve made a few major changes to our product design to continually improve our radiator and provide support for the small portion of customers who experienced issues with our V1 design. Some of the highlights include improved radiator mounting pegs for improved isolation and resistance to chassis flex. We also strengthened the internal tube design with the use of strutted tubes and added in stronger upper and lower core support plates to reduce the chance of flex.

Full details behind our V2 design are noted in the post below.
http://engineering.mishimoto.com/20...erstroke-aluminum-radiator-version-2-details/

Thanks

The two companies make rads for the 6.7?

We do make a radiator for the 6.7L. As with the 6.4L, it is a full aluminum design with CNC-machined factory-style hose connections. Our 6.7L unit features a 37% increase in coolant capacity, a 20% increase in fin area, and a 10% increase in core thickness. More details can be found on our product page linked below.

http://www.mishimoto.com/ford-6-7l-powerstroke-aluminum-radiator-11.html

Let me know if you have any questions about this particular component!
Thanks

My month old Mishimoto V2 is leaking now. Hope my warranty replacement is on the way!

Interesting, this is the first I have heard of a V2 failure. I assume we will be getting this unit back in our facility for evaluation. Our warranty team should be working to get a replacement unit out ASAP. Let us know if we can help out with anything else!

Got a mishi since they came out. No issues.
Oem can last that long??? Maybe if you don't drive the truck lol.
I wouldn't pay 600-1000 for an oem piece of **** rad...that's just my opinion of course

Great to hear you are enjoying our radiator!

Mishimoto makes some great stuff. It sucks that the 6.4 radiator gives them a lot of trouble but I don't get why they never fail to leak. Mine lasted 6 months.
Go with Alradco.

Dealing with Mishimoto warranty claim right now and getting dicked around. Just go with Alradco or oem and don't worry about it after.

Do not buy mishimoto. They won't stand behind the lifetime warranty in my case and honestly now with other stories it seems like a replacement that I get will end up leaking. Mine lasted not even a year.

Hey John,
Sorry to hear you are having a poor experience with our radiator and customer service. Sending you a PM shortly to see what is going on with the warranty process.

Went through 3 Mishimoto's and now have an OEM Ford radiator to go back in the truck. I would never put a solid aluminum radiator in one of these trucks again due to the mounting, but if you insist on it I would avoid Mishimoto's product.

I apologize for the poor experience you had with our aluminum radiator. As noted here on the forums, we did have a small percentage of customers experiencing failures/leaks even after switching to our product. We recently made several improvements to our initial design, and released a V2 radiator (referenced above), which we’ve had great success with. If at some point you end up with a failure of your OEM unit, perhaps you would be willing to give our V2 design a shot. Again, sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with our radiator.

Thanks
-John

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
My V1 leaked after about 5 months of use. Mishimoto was not only easy to deal with they also got me a V2 replacement in just 4 days from CA to TX. That's pretty good customer service. These trucks are hard to keep a radiator in for some reason. I've gone through two stock ones and now one aftermarket one. Hopefully this V2 replacement holds up for as long as I keep it.

Reaction score
We have replaced over 5 units in one month from mitshi and not one of them paid for labor. One lasted 900 miles one lasted 500 and others lasted about 2k-5k . I will not do business with them anymore. The welds are to cold and do not pennatrate to the core hence why the side tanks always leak. And v2 is not any better. Sorry if this comes off wrong but just was selling a lot of their stuff for a while and after its costing me as a business to stand behind our end of the deal I fronted and paid for all those replacements with factory OE units. But we also use only OE parts for all our service accounts so I'm kinda different ..

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
We’d be happy to answer any questions about our 6.4L radiator. As noted below, we recently released our V2 radiator design and have had even greater success than our initial design. Our radiator features double the fluid capacity of the stock radiator and utilizes a highly efficient core design. This component is completely direct-fit and bolts into position just like the stock unit.

Let us know if we can answer any specific questions about our 6.4L radiator!
Thanks

Yes, we’ve made a few major changes to our product design to continually improve our radiator and provide support for the small portion of customers who experienced issues with our V1 design. Some of the highlights include improved radiator mounting pegs for improved isolation and resistance to chassis flex. We also strengthened the internal tube design with the use of strutted tubes and added in stronger upper and lower core support plates to reduce the chance of flex.

Full details behind our V2 design are noted in the post below.
http://engineering.mishimoto.com/20...erstroke-aluminum-radiator-version-2-details/

Thanks

We do make a radiator for the 6.7L. As with the 6.4L, it is a full aluminum design with CNC-machined factory-style hose connections. Our 6.7L unit features a 37% increase in coolant capacity, a 20% increase in fin area, and a 10% increase in core thickness. More details can be found on our product page linked below.

http://www.mishimoto.com/ford-6-7l-powerstroke-aluminum-radiator-11.html

Let me know if you have any questions about this particular component!
Thanks

Interesting, this is the first I have heard of a V2 failure. I assume we will be getting this unit back in our facility for evaluation. Our warranty team should be working to get a replacement unit out ASAP. Let us know if we can help out with anything else!

Great to hear you are enjoying our radiator!

Hey John,
Sorry to hear you are having a poor experience with our radiator and customer service. Sending you a PM shortly to see what is going on with the warranty process.

I apologize for the poor experience you had with our aluminum radiator. As noted here on the forums, we did have a small percentage of customers experiencing failures/leaks even after switching to our product. We recently made several improvements to our initial design, and released a V2 radiator (referenced above), which we’ve had great success with. If at some point you end up with a failure of your OEM unit, perhaps you would be willing to give our V2 design a shot. Again, sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with our radiator.

Thanks
-John

I don't think its so much the radiators fault as it is just trying to make one that will last in this flexing chassis. They all fail OEM included, but making one that can withstand the forces being opposed on to it will be the key. Its almost like it needs to be built more like a chassis brace than a radiator.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I want to replace mine with a aluminum model soon. Anyone had the leaking issues with Alradco?

Sucks to hear on the mishi units on the 6.4. We've put in a few of their 6.0 units with no issues and always look great under the hood.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I want to replace mine with a aluminum model soon. Anyone had the leaking issues with Alradco?

Sucks to hear on the mishi units on the 6.4. We've put in a few of their 6.0 units with no issues and always look great under the hood.

From what I understand they both do, but I haven't really heard much on the V2 leaking. I did my cab mounts, thermostats, complete drain and flush and coolant degas bottle at the same time. Even went with an expensive ELC coolant. But this issue is more the chassis than the radiator, like I said earlier the radiator will have to act as an additional brace unfortunately.

Latest posts

Members online