Miss at idle

Dittmerdiesel

Reaction score
For the last couple weeks, my 2004 6.0 has had a miss at idle. It is not all the time, mostly after its at operating temperature and has been driven for a few miles. Again it doesn't always do it, it just decides to every once in awhile. It is bad enough that you can hear it in the exhaust and actually feel it while i'm idling. Every once in awhile it has a hard start as well. Does this sound like an injector issue or Ficm?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

Ian

Dittmerdiesel

Reaction score
It's both, but actually feels a little worse in gear when i'm at a stop light or something. Tuning wouldn't be my issue because I dont have a tuner yet. It's fresh off a head stud/egr delete job. One of those "master solution kits" with all the o rings and gaskets.

Reaction score
gotcha bud well if you can get your hands on an edge monitor or get someone to hook to it with AE you can check ficm voltage and see your ICP , HPOP pressures since its doing it on warm starts also.

Dittmerdiesel

Reaction score
Sorry to say but it sounds like an injector on its way out to me

^if this is the case, where would you guys suggest I go for a good replacement injector? I assume the dealer would not be very kind to me with price. Or would the dealer be best because they are ford parts?

Thanks again

Jwarren

Reaction score
For the last couple weeks, my 2004 6.0 has had a miss at idle. It is not all the time, mostly after its at operating temperature and has been driven for a few miles. Again it doesn't always do it, it just decides to every once in awhile. It is bad enough that you can hear it in the exhaust and actually feel it while i'm idling. Every once in awhile it has a hard start as well. Does this sound like an injector issue or Ficm?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

Ian

It comes from the injector leaking internally. A hot tune will increase the leak and cause it to fail completely :)

From my smart car.

Dittmerdiesel

Reaction score
Is the dealer going to be my best bet to find the culprit? The replacement im not worried about, it's finding the right injector that I have the issue with.

the chad

Reaction score
Jessie, i sent you a PM. Im having the exact same problem. Trying to figure out another reason, im hoping its not the sticks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.