mobil 1 M1-601 oil filter

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
anyone try this filter? ive always ran the fl1995 but got a pretty good deal on some mobil 1 filters.. i think its micron rating is half that of the motorcraft. so is it good or bad?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i don't know what it flows to be exact but got them for $7.64 a piece... didn't know if anyone has had any problems with them... some filters like to explode or not seal or just crack, stuff like that is what im really concerned with..

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I haven't seen or heard of any issues with the Mobil 1 filter. I am just not very fond of the STP and Fram variations offered for our engines.

FWIW I always run the FL1995.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I use those exclusively! Where did you guys hear the mc filter is.better? I started running those filters about 8 or 9 years ago when they became readily available. My eclipse always got mobil 1 syn and a matching filter. I researched filttlers a long time ago and just never have "restudied" the ratings. The mobil 1 literature used to state that its ratings were superior to what conventional reports claim because they tested their filters to.different, tighter specs. I remember them saying that the tests favored older, sloppier filtration testing. This was back about 03 or so but I remember the gist.

If you dont.want.those filters, Id use them. ;)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
amazon..... $7.64 a piece after shipping.... got 12 of them. from what i found the 1995 is 20mic and these are 10mic. also supposed to have higher burst rate of the mc and is the same filter as the K&N one available.
2 of these boxes showed up yesterday.
yjamavus.jpg

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
$6 shipped

http://www.amazon.com/Mobil-M1-601-...ie=UTF8&qid=1366812940&sr=8-1&keywords=M1-601

I've always ran Wix filters, but everything i've heard/read about Mobil 1 is that there products are top notch. I may just have to order me 1 or 6.
$6 shipped as long as you order $25 worth which is what i tried when i found them... only had 3 in stock, like it says still, so it didn't qualify for free shipping. you can bundle them together with other items that qualify for free shipping but i didn't see anything else i was interested at this time.... these where at the bottom and said $6.50 a piece in a case of 6 plus shipping so i ordered 2 cases and brought the shipping down.. so it worked out to 7.64 a piece shipped..

Last edited:

JD3020

Reaction score
Wheres it say that? I see it says "3 new from $6", but thats not referring to their stock. I'm gonna try to buy 5 when i get home, thats a hell of a deal if the filters are good.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
oh, i guess that could be but what i said is what it told me last time so i didnt order them.. just did the 2 cases of 6...

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so evidently they have more in stock on the amazon site... i went through all the stuff i did last time and put 6 of the $6 filters in my cart and went to checkout... last time it told me only 3 available this time it automatically checked me out and is sending me 6 more filters... didnt know i had the one click buying option checked.. evidently i do. so 6 more are on the way..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
have 15 gallon of premium blue sitting here too.. got that while on sale at oriellys last year for 11 or 12 bucks a gallon... when its on sale i use that, if not then i go back to delo.. but just learned not to long ago that TSC sells it for 14$ a gallon everyday.. so i will see what my new/rebuilt motor likes the best and run it.. then hopefully by next summer ill have the motor in my 01 built/rebuilt so ill be going through the oil and filters...

Latest posts

Members online