modded hpfp?

loanranger09

Reaction score
the money i would save from running the junior tow powers instead of the tow power X's would almost make up for the cost of the modded single pump over running the cheaper dual pump set up.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I would go as far to say that I bet a few people would maybe even pay 3500-4000 for a single reliable pump

I am not sure where the line would be drawn, but I would definitely pay $3k for a RELIABLE single capable of handling 30%s.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
to alot of people that 3k would be worth it to stay in the work stock class

I agree with this guy... I can't ever see the need for anything over 30%'s anyway. I'd pay the cost of a dual pump setup for and under the radar big single. But the truck will be drivin on the street pretty much daily so it's gotta be good for 75k+ miles

jdgleason

Reaction score
It went through some revisions and it's not being pushed to production as of right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I feel I would spend $3k on a reliable single pump that would sustain 30%'s that way I could stay in work stock. I really don't feel I want to attempt 2.5 class around area, they wouldnt like factory twins at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The problem is, in order to produce this single pump. Someone would have to probably front over 100K In parts to get the cost to a halfway respectable point to where we can actually make a profit selling the item. Because no matter what you sell or how much it is someone is always going to bitch about the price or say they can get/do it cheaper. Then your making less than 10% selling a product. Like Morgan said, its not worth the hassle, and a lot of area's are starting to consider clearing dual stock pumps in work stock class. Which is a great idea.

Jared

jdgleason

Reaction score
The problem is, in order to produce this single pump. Someone would have to probably front over 100K In parts to get the cost to a halfway respectable point to where we can actually make a profit selling the item. Because no matter what you sell or how much it is someone is always going to bitch about the price or say they can get/do it cheaper. Then your making less than 10% selling a product. Like Morgan said, its not worth the hassle, and a lot of area's are starting to consider clearing dual stock pumps in work stock class. Which is a great idea.

Jared

Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score

Jared

That would be awesome in MI. But there just aren't a lot of 6.4L guys that pull competitively.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Around here only Dodges can run dual pumps.. Supposedly you cant make huge power with a single Cp3 and keep it reliable. I think someone on the rules committee was smoking crack..

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Around here only Dodges can run dual pumps.. Supposedly you cant make huge power with a single Cp3 and keep it reliable. I think someone on the rules committee was smoking crack..

That's a huge sack of chit! Around here one pump on all trucks or your in the 2.5 and up classes. Hell I got some questions when I started pulling my "twin turbo'ed" truck. LOL as you can tell people in MI live in a cave.

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but on the cp4 strokers industrial makes I believe they are building there own cams/cranks for the pumps.

Maybe with the new cp4 there is the demand Jared talked about for the big up front investment.

Is making a new top cover plate and mounting solution for a cp3 an option?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but on the cp4 strokers industrial makes I believe they are building there own cams/cranks for the pumps.

Maybe with the new cp4 there is the demand Jared talked about for the big up front investment.

this is a siemens pump conversation dummy.

B585Ford

Reaction score

That would take new brackets, plumbing, and tuning. To the best of my knowledge, tuning would be very difficult. If I was going to try to convert to a Bosch, I would just go with a modded CP3 from Exergy, Shane, or consider Fleece and not the CP4 since it doesn't flow as much stock as the CP3 although I get where you are coming from...trying to offer for the 6.4 and 6.7 (which does run the CP4).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.