More codes :(

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
I posted awhile ago about my oil in coolant now i have some more codes to do with my turbo, i believe veins are sticking, slow acceleration and even under low boost letting off the throttle has that constant shudder noise of air baffling. Here are the codes
Po238 turbo charger boost sensor A high
Po471 EPS
Po472 EPS low
Po478 exhaust pressure control valve high

Lassie

Reaction score
What were the details of your problem? If you had a ruptured oil cooler, oil and coolant can mix both ways. A popped EGR and/or oil cooler can be shortly followed by a turbo.

If the turbo has some miles and you suspect oil cooler rupture, the turbo should have been rebuilt and cleaned at the swap. Its oil feed is taken directly from the cooler. The intake needs a good cleaning after one of these issues too. Make sure the port to MAP is clear and the IAT2 is clean.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'd probably start with cleaning the EPB sensor and tube, since it's cheap and easy to do.

If you have a good scanner you can watch EPB, Baro, and MAP. All should read around 14.5psi with the key on, engine off. When you start the truck MAP and EPB should go up a couple PSI, and when you shut it off they should go right back down to 14.5. If your EPB reading is high, it's probably the cause.

Lassie

Reaction score
I'd probably start with cleaning the EPB sensor and tube, since it's cheap and easy to do.

If you have a good scanner you can watch EPB, Baro, and MAP. All should read around 14.5psi with the key on, engine off. When you start the truck MAP and EPB should go up a couple PSI, and when you shut it off they should go right back down to 14.5. If your EPB reading is high, it's probably the cause.

Could be

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
Oil cooler is not done yet, no coolant in oil and have sinister egr delete. Icam going to do a clean up and try everything you guys mentioned. I just purchased toque app which is better than nothing seems pretty good actually, i have 4degree difference 90 and 94 degrees Celsius at 45mph
Is there such thing as anyone that has done a DIY bypass oil cooler ?
Thanks for info guys!

Lassie

Reaction score
Oil cooler is not done yet, no coolant in oil and have sinister egr delete. Icam going to do a clean up and try everything you guys mentioned. I just purchased toque app which is better than nothing seems pretty good actually, i have 4degree difference 90 and 94 degrees Celsius at 45mph
Thanks for info guys!

Yes, BPD sells an air cooler. I have no experience with them though. If you're going in for the oil cooler, and you believe you have a ruptured cooler, I would clean up and rebuild the turbo while it's out. Also, you can remove the EBP and blow air down the EBP tube to see if it needs cleaning out/replaced.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Thanks for info guys!

That 15* spread is for *F. You actually have 194 and 201.2, roughly. LOL

Mdub707

Reaction score
Even with the conversion you're only at 7*, I was just busting your balls.

When it starts spreading more than 15* F apart, then worry.

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
There is oil in the coolant and numbers i posted above were taken yesterday. I thought if ruptured temps would b way off
I appreciate all the advice guys!

Lassie

Reaction score
I would have thought a restriction caused the rupture...but I guess not. Is the water and oil mixing (pinkish)? If it is, the mixing may be happening in the front cover.

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
Its not mixing , the oil and coolant are not mixing completely yet either(milkshake foamy) just oil with coolant and the dipstick is perfect so no coolant going into the oil.

Latest posts

Members online