More help needed.

jspaulding37918

Reaction score
I got my truck all back together and went to drive it (with canned tunes from my SCT tuner to accommodate for EGR/DPF delete) and the truck died less than a mile down the road and would not restart. I have no codes according to my scan tool but the tuner is showing a couple of codes not powertrain related as far as I know. They are U0115 and U0100 (the U could be a V but I can't tell for sure on the screen) what do these codes mean? Also I'm getting the wrench light and oil light on the dash but again no powertrain codes.

I was able to get the truck to start today and run for about 30 seconds but it runs like ass, won't rev up and refuses to restart after it died.

A little recap of what I've done. Replaced the turbos (bought used but seem to be fine), replaced the front cover, egr/dpf & cat delete, sct tuner. I am at my wits end with this truck. Please help me get this thing back on the road.

jspaulding37918

Reaction score
I forgot about 1 code I've had since I bought the truck. It is the code for the Glow plug control module. Would this cause the truck to not start/run right?

Also when cranking the engine there is a weird rattling sound

jspaulding37918

Reaction score
I have not been able to check oil pressure. Could the hpop be plugged from where the oil was so thick when the coolant got mixes with the oil?

jspaulding37918

Reaction score
replaced the bad starter again and now it is cranking normal again! AWESOME! down side is when it does start it doesn't stay on long and sounds like ass again, like everything is rattling and it smokes like crazy. I pulled the cap off the oil filter and had my wife crank the engine and it doesn't seem like any oil is moving at all in the filter housing. what causes this?

Latest posts

Members online