MORGAN AT MIDWEST SAVES THE DAY AFTER MPD CRAPS THE BED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor008

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you are looking for a custome tune, do yourself a favor and hit up Morgan at Midwest.

I made the mistake of doing business with MPD a few months back. Long story short, I paid for a custom tune and had problems with it from the start. After being told that there was nothing wrong with my tune, I set out to find a problem that was not there. I exhausted every option In trying to fix my codes before I sought Morgan's expertise. I was even told that 1) my HDMI cable was damaged 2) my tune was corrupted by Apple iOS and 3) my minimaxx was a fake. None of which were the case. Nice try MPD and way to try to push the blame to someone else. I went through an even bigger nightmare trying to get all of my parts for the turbo kit I bought from them but I'll save that for another time. Feel free to ask for details as I have no problem putting the truth out there.

My Midwest tune is leagues above the tune I got from MPD in every aspect. Pathetic for MPD considering they had the benefit of live tuning this setup on at least 1 other truck. Spectacular for Morgan in that he has never even seen the setup to my knowledge.

Thank you again Morgan. I can't say enough to thank you

jcain

Reaction score
This'll get interesting. :popcorn:

Exactly what problems were you having?

Trevor008

Reaction score
It will get interesting if MPD tries to cover it up for sure.

The problems I had with their tune were code related. I kept getting P0474 "exhaust pressure sensor intermittent" and P0234 "turbo/super charger over boost condition" and then P007E "charge air cooler temperature sensor intermittent/erratic" popped up a couple times too. MPD told me that it had to be a hardware issue because all codes had been turned off and there were other trucks running the exact tune with no issues. Somehow I was alone in the these issues according them. I wonder if that's really the case. The thing they kept going back to was that my mini maxx, which I bought from Morgan, was a fake. Those codes kept my CEL on which kept me from being able to use my remote start. A couple weeks ago my AC quit working all together and I had to redownload the tune in order to get it back working.

I say Morgan's tune is leagues above MPD's because 1) I have no codes 2) I see more boost in every single map 3) trans tune is progressive based on demand meaning when putting around, pressure is not increased so the truck is very civil but when you mash the pedal the pressure is high enough to spin the tires at highway speeds. MPD's tune had very high pressure at any pedal position and the truck lunged forward at ever shift even when the pedal was almost not touched at all

fine69

Reaction score
Sucks to hear this happened, I'd like to hear MPD's side of the story though, as they have always had a good reputation for customer service.

Trevor008

Reaction score
I can tell you that their customer service pertaining to my dealing with them have been horrible. I can tell you that my good friends dealing with them have been sub par as well. I can also tell you that my mechanics(both Ford Diesel techs) had nothing but bad stories about MPD. I don't think they treat everyone like this because they would be out of business if that were the case. My dealings don't only pertain to a tune either. I bought a turbo kit from them and a few associated parts too. Every step of the way was a headache. I've modified plenty of vehicles and this tops them all as my worst endeavor bar none

Trevor008

Reaction score
And to throw it out there....

I purchased everything thru Dan Seitler as he is an MPD distributor. My beef is not with him because, he was always there when I needed him. Dan made things better but ultimately couldn't force MPD's hand to do the right thing on any occasion it seems. Dan is a stand up guy and when I told him who I actually got my mini maxx from he said he was at the mercy of MPD/H&S though he believed the tuner to be authentic because it came from Morgan

50_shooter

Reaction score
I have suffered with the same issue as you. I think it's a 2014 thing. I have different codes than you though.

Dylan@MPD

Reaction score
@trevor008 I am sorry to hear about the issues you had deling with us. Please know that we have since then made changes in our shipping department to make sure the right parts are distributed. As for the tune craig had sent you a few different ones and then didnt hear anything more from you. That made me assume there were no longer any more issues. Give me a call in the morning if you would 410-354-0340

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Trevor008

Reaction score
I have suffered with the same issue as you. I think it's a 2014 thing. I have different codes than you though.

What codes were/are you getting and what was done to resolve the matter if you don't mind me asking?

@trevor008 I am sorry to hear about the issues you had deling with us. Please know that we have since then made changes in our shipping department to make sure the right parts are distributed. As for the tune craig had sent you a few different ones and then didnt hear anything more from you. That made me assume there were no longer any more issues. Give me a call in the morning if you would 410-354-0340

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Dylan, thank you for the sympathy. The fact is my issues never went away with any tune I was given(total of 3) and my requests for help went to Dan after I got nowhere with you guys. I realize you were trying to help me at one point but it never got me anywhere. I told you the codes I was getting and you told me all of what I wrote in my thread starter. I replied to the email containing my last tune from Craig and got no reply. Tyler @ MPD went out of his way to help me with attaining all my missing parts from my turbo kit purchase but that was after dealing with the nightmare for weeks on end. When it came to tune, his hands were tied. Bottom line is blame got shifted to bad equipment and left there and I have correspondence to prove it.

Reaction score
Thank you again Morgan.

Glad I can help and to hear that it is working.

Matt, give me a shout. I have a pretty good idea what and why you are having fueling issues with the lbz based dual pump setup. We need to get that thing up here to get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polaris7x

Reaction score
Boy oh boy, glad to see others stepping up and laying the truth out there about this company. Be better off buying random parts off eBay

stacked6.7

Reaction score
The truth has been told before... But nobody listens and pretends they can do no wrong. I'm stilling finding little "treats" of things they forgot or didn't do right with my motor.

anth

Reaction score
Like when you pay for new exhaust manifolds for one of there turbo kits and you receive used ones.

polaris7x

Reaction score
Or spending 5k and being told stuffs ready to ship and having to fight 9 weeks later to get your money back, but noooo never there fault

50_shooter

Reaction score
What codes were/are you getting and what was done to resolve the matter if you don't mind me asking?

I've had p228f, p1247, p1103, p0004, p132a, and p061a. I was told the 14's tuning was a little different, so I thought that might be part of your problem.

My issue has absolutely nothing to do with MPD, if my earlier post kinda sounded that way.

My matter is not resolved quite yet, but the people involved have been working to figure it out.

What turbo are you running?

trugertha

Reaction score
MPD is the worst the deal with. Had a poorly welded cold side pipe. I was told off by their employees on this site. I since have contacted Tyler and sent the pipe back months ago, and Never received any refund. I called mpd last Thursday and they wed supposed to call me back and never did. Absolute worst company to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor008

Reaction score
I've had p228f, p1247, p1103, p0004, p132a, and p061a. I was told the 14's tuning was a little different, so I thought that might be part of your problem.

My issue has absolutely nothing to do with MPD, if my earlier post kinda sounded that way.

My matter is not resolved quite yet, but the people involved have been working to figure it out.

What turbo are you running?

HTT 367. Same as you I believe. I had some of the same codes you listed at one point too. I have never once been told that there were any issues with tuning a 14 by anyone involved. I've read plenty of things in the past about 13/14's being different than 11/12's and I get that. If there is a problem tuning 14's, why did/hasn't anyone involved mentioned this? That would have gone over a lot better than taking my money and feeding me a bunch of bs about the problem being something else. Fact is, I wasted many many hours searching the internet, trying things and talking to people as well as spent a few hundred dollars trying to fix something I couldn't because MPD lied to me and tried to blame others in the industry knowing damn well the problem was theirs to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.