MORGAN AT MIDWEST SAVES THE DAY AFTER MPD CRAPS THE BED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor008

Reaction score
@trevor008 I am sorry to hear about the issues you had deling with us. Please know that we have since then made changes in our shipping department to make sure the right parts are distributed. As for the tune craig had sent you a few different ones and then didnt hear anything more from you. That made me assume there were no longer any more issues. Give me a call in the morning if you would 410-354-0340

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

What exactly have you changed to ensure what happened to me doesn't happen to anyone else? Sounds like another lie to me to string people along and make them believe MPD is something they are not.

Why not refund my money for the garbage tunes you sent me that didn't fully work? That is the respectable and classy thing to do don't you think?

Trevor008

Reaction score
The truth has been told before... But nobody listens and pretends they can do no wrong. I'm stilling finding little "treats" of things they forgot or didn't do right with my motor.

I for one have read all the things you have posted about MPD and that made me wary of doing business with them. But, Dan did so much testing and posting about the kit on his truck and assured me I would be more than happy so I went with it. I can tell you that I came damn close to selling the kit before install because of the crap MPD put me thru in acquiring everything. At the end of the day, I still had to source some of my own hardware because the countless texts I sent requesting the missing stuff were half ass filled and I was short changed each time they sent me the things I told them they had not included

Dylan@MPD

Reaction score
What exactly have you changed to ensure what happened to me doesn't happen to anyone else? Sounds like another lie to me to string people along and make them believe MPD is something they are not.

Why not refund my money for the garbage tunes you sent me that didn't fully work? That is the respectable and classy thing to do don't you think?
We have a new person running our shipping dept. That has a much better overlook on all of out inventory. I would have no problem refunding dan the money for tunes. However you would have to go through him for your refund. I sincerely appologize for the inconvenience

Trevor008

Reaction score
Boy oh boy, glad to see others stepping up and laying the truth out there about this company. Be better off buying random parts off eBay

I honestly feel like it's everyone's civic duty to put the truth out there man. If more people did it, we might put some of these scum bag companies out of business. At the very least, people would have more to go off of when making purchases. I would have spent my money on one of Midwest's kits or an Elite kit if I would have known about the trouble others have had

Trevor008

Reaction score
We have a new person running our shipping dept. That has a much better overlook on all of out inventory. I would have no problem refunding dan the money for tunes. However you would have to go through him for your refund. I sincerely appologize for the inconvenience

Send Dan the refund then. He has already offered me a refund but I declined it because he stated that he probably would not see a refund from you guys because he's been thru this before with MPD. I have the text that proves he said that too. I declined it because it's MPD that should come out of pocket not him.

Better management of inventory would have only prevented a small portion of what I went thru. How about some better communication when you don't have things in stock? How about sending people things they tell you were left out instead of only sending part of it? How about checking what is included in a kit and making sure everything is there before you ship? How about a packing manifesto instead of just tossing 50 things in a a few boxes and leaving it to the customer to figure out on his/her own if everything is there? How about telling people you have had issues tuning certain trucks instead of taking their money and blaming others when problems arise?

Dylan@MPD

Reaction score
Send Dan the refund then. He has already offered me a refund but I declined it because he stated that he probably would not see a refund from you guys because he's been thru this before with MPD. I have the text that proves he said that too. I declined it because it's MPD that should come out of pocket not him.

Better management of inventory would have only prevented a small portion of what I went thru. How about some better communication when you don't have things in stock? How about sending people things they tell you were left out instead of only sending part of it? How about checking what is included in a kit and making sure everything is there before you ship? How about a packing manifesto instead of just tossing 50 things in a a few boxes and leaving it to the customer to figure out on his/her own if everything is there? How about telling people you have had issues tuning certain trucks instead of taking their money and blaming others when problems arise?
What parts were not in stock? The turbo was the only thing we did not have at the time and the polisher for htt was not able to finisg the housing in the alotted time. I will be in contact with dan

Trevor008

Reaction score
What parts were not in stock? The turbo was the only thing we did not have at the time and the polisher for htt was not able to finisg the housing in the alotted time. I will be in contact with dan

Yet again, far from the truth.

I ordered a black ccv kit and received nothing. Then, after questioning multiple times where my ccv kit was, I was sent a red and blue one and told that the black was on back order. Is that true or was I fed bs from Dan too?

I had to request missing bolts nearly a dozen times and I was told that hey weren't sent in the first place because you didn't have any in stock. Sounded like bs to me considering they were mostly there in the first place but in the wrong amounts. That just boils down to nobody bothered to check what was being shipped out and instead just throwing a bunch of bags in a box.

I realize the part about the turbo and polisher and haven't blamed you once for that so why bring that up? I'm not new to customizing and am well versed in the fact that things don't always go as planned. I don't live in a fairy tale and think everything is perfect. I DO call people on bs though.

Trevor008

Reaction score

As soon as I confirm that I have a refund, I will be more than happy to report it. From what others here have posted about waiting for refunds though, I'm pretty skeptical

stacked6.7

Reaction score

Or how about hooking up grounding wires when putting a motor in... Or not leaving bolts out... Or plugging in my block heater... Or checking to see if intake piping is hitting the cab before saying a job is finished...Or using your own parts instead of confederates! Lol sorry I couldn't resist. In all honesty MPD does have some good parts available. But their customer service is shotty and they cut corners from time to time.

Dylan@MPD

Reaction score
Yet again, far from the truth.

I ordered a black ccv kit and received nothing. Then, after questioning multiple times where my ccv kit was, I was sent a red and blue one and told that the black was on back order. Is that true or was I fed bs from Dan too?

I had to request missing bolts nearly a dozen times and I was told that hey weren't sent in the first place because you didn't have any in stock. Sounded like bs to me considering they were mostly there in the first place but in the wrong amounts. That just boils down to nobody bothered to check what was being shipped out and instead just throwing a bunch of bags in a box.

I realize the part about the turbo and polisher and haven't blamed you once for that so why bring that up? I'm not new to customizing and am well versed in the fact that things don't always go as planned. I don't live in a fairy tale and think everything is perfect. I DO call people on bs though.
I have really tried to be as nice as possible about all of this. Dan is the person you need to contact about your tunes not myself. And what is yhat you will be reporting?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you are looking for a custome tune, do yourself a favor and hit up Morgan at Midwest.

I made the mistake of doing business with MPD a few months back. Long story short, I paid for a custom tune and had problems with it from the start. After being told that there was nothing wrong with my tune, I set out to find a problem that was not there. I exhausted every option In trying to fix my codes before I sought Morgan's expertise. I was even told that 1) my HDMI cable was damaged 2) my tune was corrupted by Apple iOS and 3) my minimaxx was a fake. None of which were the case. Nice try MPD and way to try to push the blame to someone else. I went through an even bigger nightmare trying to get all of my parts for the turbo kit I bought from them but I'll save that for another time. Feel free to ask for details as I have no problem putting the truth out there.

My Midwest tune is leagues above the tune I got from MPD in every aspect. Pathetic for MPD considering they had the benefit of live tuning this setup on at least 1 other truck. Spectacular for Morgan in that he has never even seen the setup to my knowledge.

Thank you again Morgan. I can't say enough to thank you

Im sorry to see this come about on the internet and when you couldn't even pick of the phone and call and ask to talk to me or send me a email saying that you were not getting taking care off and that I needed to step in but you have to go on the internet and make a big post and start a **** show instead of dealing with it the right way

you were offered on many occasions to drive the short distance to our shop and we would look at it for you and we probly could have took care of every issue

The last email I have from you is stating that you have a code B0000 which isn't even a engine related code no emails after that or any complaints about shifting to hard...I cant speak for any other companies but I PERSONALLY write every tune that goes out and they go out of my email and full contact with every customer that emails me back...I may not be the quickest and getting write to it because I have 2 shops to look over and 18 employees but the simpliest email could have been sent saying hey Craig would you mind calling me about some issues I am having if you couldnt have reached me threw our phone and I would have called you back and we could have gotten this taken care off in a civil manor

Im still willing to make it right with you even after posting this on the internet with out given " ME " the chance to fix it

I will not be responding to this post so if you want to make things right you can contact be by phone or email if I am unavailable at the time

Thanks
Craig

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Or how about hooking up grounding wires when putting a motor in... Or not leaving bolts out... Or plugging in my block heater... Or checking to see if intake piping is hitting the cab before saying a job is finished...Or using your own parts instead of confederates! Lol sorry I couldn't resist. In all honesty MPD does have some good parts available. But their customer service is shotty and they cut corners from time to time.

The reason your confederate parts were reused and I can dig out the emails was because you didn't see why our kit was worth more than there kit and were told the only way to get it to the price you wanted to pay was to reuse your intake that you had...as far as things undone yes shouldn't have been left like that but mistakes happen and to be all honest the truck has had some hands in it and could or could not have been from us

Trevor008

Reaction score
Im sorry to see this come about on the internet and when you couldn't even pick of the phone and call and ask to talk to me or send me a email saying that you were not getting taking care off and that I needed to step in but you have to go on the internet and make a big post and start a **** show instead of dealing with it the right way

you were offered on many occasions to drive the short distance to our shop and we would look at it for you and we probly could have took care of every issue

The last email I have from you is stating that you have a code B0000 which isn't even a engine related code no emails after that or any complaints about shifting to hard...I cant speak for any other companies but I PERSONALLY write every tune that goes out and they go out of my email and full contact with every customer that emails me back...I may not be the quickest and getting write to it because I have 2 shops to look over and 18 employees but the simpliest email could have been sent saying hey Craig would you mind calling me about some issues I am having if you couldnt have reached me threw our phone and I would have called you back and we could have gotten this taken care off in a civil manor

Im still willing to make it right with you even after posting this on the internet with out given " ME " the chance to fix it

I will not be responding to this post so if you want to make things right you can contact be by phone or email if I am unavailable at the time

Thanks
Craig

Not once was it suggested or offered to me to bring my truck to your shop. You can't prove otherwise because it didn't happen. An hour away w/o traffic is not a short drive either. You acknowledge that you received that email but never responded. I don't see how it is my responsibility to tell you that your employees aren't doing their job nor have I ever had to go over people's heads to the owner of a shop. Your employees, your problem. You want to reap the benefits of owning a company, you have to suffer through the heartaches that come with it. Keep your backhanded jabs to yourself about handling shift the "right" way because you have not and still aren't handling this the right way. All you are doing is trying to save face. I did business with MPD not Craig lol. I don't do business over the phone because thee is no way to track the lies and bs. You can do that with email and text though and I have every text/email sent to me saved. So I dare you, prove I'm wrong here and that you are right. Where did you offer to make my truck right by bringing it to your shop?

Lies lies lies....MPD sucks balls man

Trevor008

Reaction score
I have really tried to be as nice as possible about all of this. Dan is the person you need to contact about your tunes not myself. And what is yhat you will be reporting?

I agree that you have tried to be nice and have done so other than whining about me being frustrated. Nice doesn't relieve your company from responsibility nor does it rectify anything.

I'm a man....I don't need people to be nice to me. What I need is what I paid for or my money back. Plain and simple

zilla68

Reaction score

you are describing what strictly diesel does! I have never received a better more put together kit for my obs e fuel than what they sent me. labeled, lettered, bagged, check off list, color 6 page instructions, step by step, color pictures, and answered every email/phone call PERSONALLY when I was confused. dennis is on top of his game

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Everyone has said their piece here. No reason to keep this going. I have no doubt mpd will do what is needed to satisfy the op's request.

Trevor...you are more than welcome to start another thread about your experience with Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online