morning start problems

hotrod

Reaction score
My 96 doesnt start in the morning all itdoes is crank until i shoot starting fluid into. The ait filter. Yes i do plug it in but it doesn't seem to help. But when i use starting flid it starts right up. Anyone got any ideas?

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Ya dumb dumb it needs glow plugs and a stancor relay. Good to see you over here. You to talk to Paul Rutledge (BigStroker) he owns Complete Performance in Texas. That is who I got all my parts for obs from.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Drain your fuel bowl and crank to see if it fills back up. Or if it takes a long time then either pump could be going or you might have some gelling issues. Also take the fuel regulator off and clean the screen.

Another thing is that your glow plugs are done and need replacing which I am thinking might be the problem. I know you said that you plug it in but, and I could be wrong which someone will correct me if I am, it just makes it easier to start but not the heat needed to heat the cylinder to fire up.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Here is his goofy truck :poke:
levistruck.jpg

PSDEng

Reaction score
Unless you want a new truck I would stop with the starter fluid :doh: Start with testing the glow plug relay with a multimeter and go from there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.