Motor Build - Finally!!!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
As many of you know, I've been playing with fire for a while, and pushing my truck for everything she's got for 3 seasons.

It finally happened, I killed my Dragonfire pump, think I had like pump number 8 or something like that?

The pump makes an odd grinding sound when its hot and goes into return, and is only holding maybe 15,000 - 18,000 at full tilt @ 2.1ms p/w now (60% 6 Hole Nozzles), when It would hold 24,500 all day this spring and last fall.

My biggest problem (for those of you that have seen me hook) is not breaking axles, and getting the power to the ground when it doesn't break.

Truck now has a Dynatrac Pro 80 in the rear, so I'm pretty sure the rear end breaking issue has been resolved, at least for my pocketbooks sake..

Here's what the build will consist of so far, most parts are already ordered or here.

Brand New Ford Block
New Ford Crank
R&R Billet Steel Connecting Rods
Maxxforce 7 Pistons, .120 Valve Reliefs, Completely De-Lipped & Radiused Bowls (Much lower compression, deep reliefs so NO chance of contact on an over-rev/driveline break situation)
Elite Stage 2+ Custom Cam Grind that Tadd did with a little more duration than normal for sledpulling. (Hoping to making Peak power from 3500-4800)
RCD CNC Ported & Hand Polished Heads
RCD High Rev Valvesprings (Im running old school shimmed ones still)
RCD 6.4 Chromoly Pushrods
New OEM Lifters
New V2 Dragonfire
Flowmatched 100%'s On New Injectors
Zmaxx Intake
RCD 6.0 Log Manifolds
RCD or Elite 6.0-6.4 Up Pipes
Elite Precision 76mm Atmosphere for Testing like I did on the 72.4
Elite Precision XXmm High Pressure (ill stay quiet about it until I'm allowed to speak)
No Limit Intake to clear the new atmosphere turbocharger compressor housing
Precision 2200 Billet Converter - Going to start launching like a 2.6 truck and try to get moving harder, also thinking I may need a little help lighting the bigger chargers with the drastic loss of compression I'm going to be taking.
Fuel Lab 200GPH System - Big thanks to Morgan Primm for hooking me up with this, I wanna be sure it NEVER runs out of fuel.

I'm sure there are quite a few details I've forgotten.

Let me know your thoughts. I cant wait to get this done. Goal is to have the truck screaming by Labor Day Weekend for the sledpull, which is on my birthday weekend.

I have a few LBZ's out by me that I'm tired of going back and forth with every event, and it's time to nut up or shut up.

I cant complain, they have to put a set of pistons in every winter at least.. And I havent had my motor apart since it was studded in September of 2010.. I'd say the 120+ Hooks she's given me are definitely a good run!

Big Thanks to all the good guys out there helping me out with this, including but not limited to Josh @ RCD, Tadd @ Elite, Mike @ No Limit, Jeremy Johson, & Morgan @ Midwest Diesel & Auto.

Keep posted, this should be one for the books!

Jared

co04cobra

Reaction score
That is pretty awesome the orginial motor took what it did. Are the pullin rules the reason for no dual pumps?

MINK

Reaction score
Awesome, I love the build list.

how do you feel about the Dragonfire pumps? Is what it is or are they proving better results?

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
I know but what's the v2 mean? Is it a special one....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Are the starting to remake them? Or you mean the last ones that were made?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pog

Reaction score
details?! my II hasnt held rp since we installed it.

Latest posts

Members online