Motor locked up ! need some help !

1bad6.OHH

Reaction score
Ok guy, heres the run down. Motor in my truck is locked up, bottom end is toast. I need a new engine. I have been searching for a while and im getting ready to pull the trigger and get my truck back on the road.

First motor Im looking at has 140k miles, all stock, dealer maintained, newer ford injectors, newer oil cooler. Its coming out of a super clean wrecked 07 f350. I heard the motor run and no issues at all.. guy wants $3500 for the motor complete with turbo and ficm, no accessories.. he is a 2 hour drive and is giving me a hard time about purchasing it. He wants a deposit before he pulls it which he wants in cash, or just pay in full and he will pull when I get there.

2nd, is an 06 f350 all stock 200k miles, guy thinks its a blown head gasket, cylinder filled with coolant.. maybe a egr ? anyways he drained all the fluid and parked it, now hes parting it out. will sell it for 1,000 complete with turbo...

3rd is a 05 motor with a blown oil cooler, has 100k miles, but was parked for 5 years, guy bought the truck and just put a new motor in it. says that the motor is not locked up and will pull it apart to check it out, comes complete with turbo for 800

sorry for the long post but what would you do ? regardless of the 3 engines Im looking at, the heads are getting pulled and checked, new oil cooler, and studs, ( plus gaskets and what not )....

ToMang07

Reaction score
Did you window the block? If you're having machine work done why not just go for a full rebuild?

1bad6.OHH

Reaction score
I havent touched the truck since it blew, im not trying to go that deep into the motor I have, I know its going to need a lot also it is being sold to the shop thats doing the work for me.

Im just wondering what makes the most sense, at the end of the day I really need to be in this for the least amount of money possible, without just throwing a junk motor in it..

sootie

Reaction score
contact airfish or seth davis on here and get a confirmed running motor and swap it in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.