MPD 66 kit reviews needed

Bigharm27

Reaction score
hey guys I have tried searching for reviews on the 66 sxe budget kit and it seems that all threads get off topic. so. I am wanting to go with the mpd kit for the affordability and how much power the kit can make. wanting to see how the kits are holding up and how much change in mpgs. also wanna see how the turbo lag is and who has the best tuning for the kit. any info is great

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hey guys I have tried searching for reviews on the 66 sxe budget kit and it seems that all threads get off topic. so. I am wanting to go with the mpd kit for the affordability and how much power the kit can make. wanting to see how the kits are holding up and how much change in mpgs. also wanna see how the turbo lag is and who has the best tuning for the kit. any info is great

what year was your truck ?

Bigharm27

Reaction score
it is a 2012. I know u would like to sell me a street max. just trying to keep a budget. plan on doing a 15 pump and turbo. then piping kit later. truck is on 4.5 lift on 37s and just want a nice dd that can haul ass. do not tow often with the truck. mpd's budget kit seems to fit the budget but just want some feed back or links to threads that talk about what I'm after.

Reaction score
Dont waist time or money on the 15 pump not worth it. You can buy our dual fueler and spend a lil more upfront cost but have something worth the labor of putting on there. We have drop in solutions like" streetmax " call the shop if ya need some options .

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
MPD 364 and the 2015 pump would be a better choice than the 366. It will still be night and day difference in power verses what you have now but it will spool better. Give Mike a call and he'll make you a hell of a deal on both!
I have driven every single 300 frame turbo on a 6.7 and I have to say that the 363 MPD kit is my favorite. Mike talked me into putting it on our 2014 tow rig with stock fuel. Spools amazing and tows like an absolute beast!

20156point7

Reaction score
MPD 364 and the 2015 pump would be a better choice than the 366. It will still be night and day difference in power verses what you have now but it will spool better. Give Mike a call and he'll make you a hell of a deal on both!
I have driven every single 300 frame turbo on a 6.7 and I have to say that the 363 MPD kit is my favorite. Mike talked me into putting it on our 2014 tow rig with stock fuel. Spools amazing and tows like an absolute beast!

How would the 369 spool on 15' stock fuel. i have plans on adding fuel later

getstroked27

Reaction score
The 64.5SXE is by far the most popular size for the 11-14 trucks, right ahead of the 63. The 64.5 with 15 pump would be Ideal for your truck with the bigger tires. You don't need the 66's airflow, and the 64.5 will spool up much better, especially with the piping down the road. Mike can give you an awesome deal on them there parts!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
it is a 2012. I know u would like to sell me a street max. just trying to keep a budget. plan on doing a 15 pump and turbo. then piping kit later. truck is on 4.5 lift on 37s and just want a nice dd that can haul ass. do not tow often with the truck. mpd's budget kit seems to fit the budget but just want some feed back or links to threads that talk about what I'm after.

we sell vgt and non vgt .. we sell everything, to cover all ends of the spectrum !

Reaction score
I'm running the 364.5 on stock height and 37s with 3.31s and love it. You're going to need supporting mods though like what's in my sig given you'll be pushing over 40 ibs of boost. imo a 366 is a big turbo to daily, especially considering a 364.5 will support around mid 700's with proper fueling. My biggest thing to say is that drivability with a non-vgt vs vgt is completely different. You'll have 3-4 ibs of boost until 1900 rpm with the 364.5, it's just all torque so if you're not careful you can smoke an intersection if you roll into it too hard. Other than that it's great. And like everybody else said, talk to mike, he's got the best deals around, undercut mpd themselves by 400 bucks on mine.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I'm running the 364.5 on stock height and 37s with 3.31s and love it. You're going to need supporting mods though like what's in my sig given you'll be pushing over 40 ibs of boost. imo a 366 is a big turbo to daily, especially considering a 364.5 will support around mid 700's with proper fueling. My biggest thing to say is that drivability with a non-vgt vs vgt is completely different. You'll have 3-4 ibs of boost until 1900 rpm with the 364.5, it's just all torque so if you're not careful you can smoke an intersection if you roll into it too hard. Other than that it's great. And like everybody else said, talk to mike, he's got the best deals around, undercut mpd themselves by 400 bucks on mine.

I may be wrong here but I doubt the 64.5 is capable of mid 700's. I would guess mid 600's would be pushing it, unless I'm missing something.

Bullet 21

Reaction score
I am running the 63 w/ piping kit on stock fuel tuned by PPEI at stock height w/ 35's and 3.31's. I have been running this setup for a year now and right at 15,000 miles. I have zero complaints, it tows very well and pulls like a train when the turbo lights. I would like to add more fuel at some point.

08Monster

Reaction score
I am running the 63 w/ piping kit on stock fuel tuned by PPEI at stock height w/ 35's and 3.31's. I have been running this setup for a year now and right at 15,000 miles. I have zero complaints, it tows very well and pulls like a train when the turbo lights. I would like to add more fuel at some point.
Can you tow in 6th gear locked with the cruise set and keep EGTs in check and not have to downshift?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Minzbig

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the 63, I think as an everyday driver it's way too laggy. If your looking for an change to make your super duty like a laggy, smokey hot rod, it maybe for you. I've posted my opinion on this before... not a fan.

I'm eager to try a streetmax.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the 63, I think as an everyday driver it's way too laggy. If your looking for an change to make your super duty like a laggy, smokey hot rod, it maybe for you. I've posted my opinion on this before... not a fan.

do u have a link on the thread where u posted ur review. I would like to read it. thanks

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

i really liked my box 63 on stock fuel.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score

Sounds like you need some tuning changes. The 363 spools amazing

Latest posts

Members online