MTW going for broke!! Track day

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I didn't know if I wanted to post anything but hey, it's all in fun right?

I have been hit hard with bad luck and finally the truck is almost ready to hit the track. The transmission has been fully built by Andy Warren, complete competition tranny fully billet, with a sun coast 13" billet converter(2000 stall). The rest of build in short is the 225/75 injectors from Jesse and his Dual HPOP system. The details of the build can be found on the MAD TRUCK BUILD thread.

As of now I have a stage 4 in the truck but may put a new stage 3 in it. The truck is a 04 extended cab short bed, 5.5" lift with 35's. I have 4:10 gearing and Detroit lockers front and rear. Traction bars and nitto dune grapplers round out the rest.

I plan on taking the truck down the 1/4 mile for test and tune night on this Thursday to get some times, hope weather is good. I was planning on a event that was planned in Atlanta but it was canceled, it was going to be a track on Friday and dyno on Saturday.

I will try to get the wife to take some video and hopefully get the truck down the track. I have no idea what it will run, I did run a 13.4 last time with 205/150 blown head gasket and 7:73 gears limited slip, and a cracked y-pipe. The truck is running stronger then when I did that for sure.

If anyone would want to take guesses on what the truck will run, ET or speed let me know, I hope to hit a 12.8-12.3 (fuel only) any other guesses. Thanks

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Make sure you get a weight on the truck too so you can get a good estimate of what kind of power it puts down. I am in for results.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
LOL...... It was late at night and I messed it 3:73 gears is what I meant.

I just hope the weather, and the truck holds out, may take it a little easy at first, don't what to break the truck and not get any times at all. After a couple of shake out runs I will hit it hard. Of course I say that but if I still have the MAD brain in like I had with the rice rocket cycles, they only had two throttle positions idle and wide open. Thanks for the support

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
I think a MPH guess would be better then an E/T guess.... so many factors go into the E/t....

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I agree, I'm more interested in trap speed. Still having a little troubles, need to get tune dailed in, the tunes I was getting with Jesse was when the intercooler was crapping out, so now the turbo surges bad, had to switch over to Eric's tune but not totally happy with it. Got Jesse to send some tunes tomorrow plus changing manifold and a special Stage 3 turbo going on. The reason for a switch in turbos is that the special stage 3 boosted 55psi and dam near 60psi, and spooled faster then a stage 1. I loved the turbo, had the new stage 3 wheel in it. Still waiting for new stage 4 wheels or I would run one of those instead.

e.nickkk

Reaction score
How is my stage 3 special coming along looking to get to the track also

strokin6L

Reaction score
I agree, I'm more interested in trap speed. Still having a little troubles, need to get tune dailed in, the tunes I was getting with Jesse was when the intercooler was crapping out, so now the turbo surges bad, had to switch over to Eric's tune but not totally happy with it. Got Jesse to send some tunes tomorrow plus changing manifold and a special Stage 3 turbo going on. The reason for a switch in turbos is that the special stage 3 boosted 55psi and dam near 60psi, and spooled faster then a stage 1. I loved the turbo, had the new stage 3 wheel in it. Still waiting for new stage 4 wheels or I would run one of those instead.

That's good news Adrian. Will all the new stage 3's with this billet wheel be like that? Sounds like the stage 3's are pretty bad a$$. Can't wait to get mine!

Latest posts

Members online