MTW Hybrid??

teambluemxer

Reaction score
so i see that the hybrid ive bought is not what its meant to be. ive also read that Adrian plans to fix this. ive tried emailing. got nothing back. so does anyone know anything about this. like is he working on it or getting anywhere maybe adrian can chime in?

william_ace

Reaction score
I ended up trading mine for a gun after the hybrid sat in a bucket for 6 months. I gave up on waiting.

Sysx

Reaction score
I gave up on my hybrid after about 500 miles. Just never ran that much better then my stocker.

Finally from a phone that fits my hands.

01PSD

Reaction score
Yes it's not a secret that the Hybrid doesn't perform as well as it was projected to. That's why it's no longer being produced at this time and being revised.

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score
It's funny this thread came up. I tried contacting Matt Wilbur day before yesterday about the progress of the new turbo Adrian had said in the MTW vs Elite thread would be replacing the old hybrids. I got no answer or response either. Idk what's going on. My hybrid never ran faster than my stock turbo and now its got a lot of slack and play in the shaft.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
so i see that the hybrid ive bought is not what its meant to be. ive also read that Adrian plans to fix this. ive tried emailing. got nothing back. so does anyone know anything about this. like is he working on it or getting anywhere maybe adrian can chime in?

look up MTW vs ELite thread.

So are you trying to off the turbo because of something you read or does it actually not perform well on your truck? I have the Hybrid on mine and I don't give a damn about the MTW vs Elite babble because the turbo works and isn't that bad. Just curious as to your intentions.

teambluemxer

Reaction score
honestly ive noticed not really anymore power then my stock turbo ive talked to a few other big people in the 6.0 industry they agreed. and it runs super hot for my 175/75s and lags on them... idk you tell me.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Well first off I can tell you this, I have 175/75's just like you. I originally installed the turbo and ran it with the 175/75's with tuning for a stock turbo. It ran great! Spool was great. I was able to peg 1500* and I once I realized that, I stopped doing it. I then went and bought an '03 turbo and put the '03 turbine assembly on the Hybrid and added a ported intake manifold and changed tuning to be adjusted for the injectors AND the turbo. It runs great!

Now, you and I can have all the exact same components and the two trucks run completely different. It's the nature of the game. I don't know how your tuning is setup. Matt tunes the Hybrid very well and Eric has done a great job with it as well.

I was just curious if you were basing your plans of getting ahold of Adrian in regards to the turbo off of something you read and not experienced. If you're having legitimate issues that can't be corrected via tuning, then absolutely call Adrian. With that being said, are you able to data log at all to provide your tuners with the parameters your truck is seeing to give them an idea of what to look for and modify?

slc dzl

Reaction score
Well first off I can tell you this, I have 175/75's just like you. I originally installed the turbo and ran it with the 175/75's with tuning for a stock turbo. It ran great! Spool was great. I was able to peg 1500* and I once I realized that, I stopped doing it. I then went and bought an '03 turbo and put the '03 turbine assembly on the Hybrid and added a ported intake manifold and changed tuning to be adjusted for the injectors AND the turbo. It runs great!

Now, you and I can have all the exact same components and the two trucks run completely different. It's the nature of the game. I don't know how your tuning is setup. Matt tunes the Hybrid very well and Eric has done a great job with it as well.

I was just curious if you were basing your plans of getting ahold of Adrian in regards to the turbo off of something you read and not experienced. If you're having legitimate issues that can't be corrected via tuning, then absolutely call Adrian. With that being said, are you able to data log at all to provide your tuners with the parameters your truck is seeing to give them an idea of what to look for and modify?

So now you have a modified hybrid and not the one that Adrian sells?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Adrian is working on a fix, but its being tested and proven before its released. The Hybrid ran great on my truck and several other trucks. I worked on the tuning and was able to tow great and daily drive awesome. Even on Eric's Extreme X tune (that we worked on and tweaked) it kept EGT's at 1450* on a WOT run to 100+mph without the aid of my water meth kit.

I'm actually happy enough with my Hybrid that its going back on my truck now that the trans in is and I can turn the tuning back up. I just finished cleaning it up and getting it ready last night and will install it back tomorrow. I have a stock turbo and a Stage 1 sitting on my shelf in the garage, but I choose to run the Hybrid. I could have any MTW turbo I wanted or build whatever I want, but choose to run the Hybrid.

I am however going to be trying a couple different things with the Hybrid on my truck to try and help the guys that weren't completely satisfied and Adrian is working a new Stage 2 turbo design that will be offered to current Hybrid owners when the time comes for a release.

I'm always more than happy to talk to customers and offer any assistance I can. Shoot me a PM or check my sig or MadTurboWerks.com for more contact info.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
It's funny this thread came up. I tried contacting Matt Wilbur day before yesterday about the progress of the new turbo Adrian had said in the MTW vs Elite thread would be replacing the old hybrids. I got no answer or response either. Idk what's going on. My hybrid never ran faster than my stock turbo and now its got a lot of slack and play in the shaft.

I got your text and returned it. Just give me a call. You know I've always stayed in touch when you needed me.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
look up MTW vs ELite thread.

The turbo that was used in that instance was NOT a Hybrid. It was a turbo that Adrian built and never even went into production. Not saying a Hybrid would've beat the Elite turbo because I don't know. Adrian sent out an unproven turbo and it bit him in the ass. It's that simple. It should've never been sent out to that challenge, but it was NOT a Hybrid.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Yes it's not a secret that the Hybrid doesn't perform as well as it was projected to. That's why it's no longer being produced at this time and being revised.

This is true. The turbo just flat did not work well on some trucks. I hope to eventually have a solution and offer it to all unsatisfied Hybrid owners.

teambluemxer

Reaction score
The turbo that was used in that instance was NOT a Hybrid. It was a turbo that Adrian built and never even went into production. Not saying a Hybrid would've beat the Elite turbo because I don't know. Adrian sent out an unproven turbo and it bit him in the ass. It's that simple. It should've never been sent out to that challenge, but it was NOT a Hybrid.

adrian did later in the post talk about the hybrid im not starting amything just looking for answers ive tried emailing you matt and i got no response. so i decided to come on here and see whats goin on. now infact yes all trucks are diff. ive hit a high degree on a WOT run before that i will not say how hot it got. i was like wtf tho haha. matt anyidea whem itll be done? and is this a straight up exchange or would we have to pay. also ive had tunes from jesse warren eric and matt. they all had to cut fuel way down.

Latest posts

Members online